Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: multi zoning

Just to clarify, in addition to being the cheapest to install immediatley, it would cut down on geo install later since I would already have the air handler in place. Also I would have the electric heating coil (witch could then be an aux heating source?)

Or is it not much of a savings on the geo to have the air handler since slit units are more expensive?

Thats about it.
    A savings now, cost more later.

The money you save now, will cost you more later.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

So you are saying my total cost of:

#1: Buying a a furance now using it for 2 years and doing a full geo install with loop

will be cheaper than

#2:Buying air handler and heating coil or geo unit with no loop drilled, using for electric heat for 2 years and then getting the loop drilled.

I know electric heat is expensive but I didn't think the difference in electric to gas for 2 years would be greater than the $5Kish for furnace and install I will be out later?

You may be unlike teh majority of people.

Many people plan on doing upgrades later, because teh mony is tight now. And they would rather have something else instead of teh better system.
    When later rows around, they find something else they would rather have, like a new car, and decide they will hold off for another year or 2.
    Then something else comes up, and injury, illness, or a vaction offer of a lifetime. And they do that instead.
    8, 10 years down the road, they wish they would have gotten the better system right away.

Get prices from your local contractors, for doing it both ways.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I see what you saying....no, I am not like that if I put in a partial system it would actually get done.

however since my posts this morning I have ran this idea by my geo guy and he confirmed this was a not the best option.

As I origonally thought you can get a good modulating or variable speed furnace and down the road add a split geo system and use the furnace as the air handler. He claims an all in one geo system is about the same price as 9000 dollar menu items and adding on a split system later and using the furnace as an air handler and back up system is about the same price as 5000 dollar menu items. Both of these figures of course does not inclue drilling. Seems like this is the best option for me.

Any reasons I am missing that this is not the best bang for your buck if you cannot afford geo right away?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345