Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

cost per pound of R22/R410a & service charge

Just so I know what is the going rate per pound of R22 and R410. And what will most techs charge for a service charge to supplement charge in a unit. I have a very small leak in my evap. coil and just wondering what it should cost versus what I am getting charged.

Sorry, but it's against the rules to discuss pricing here. There are likely other areas on the internet where you can locate such information, but price discussion isn't the focus of this forum. Price varies by area and company. The refrigerant itself is one thing, but getting the charge accurate and taking measurements is an important aspect to charging a system, so the service charge isn't surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjohncarlson View Post
    Just so I know what is the going rate per pound of R22 and R410. And what will most techs charge for a service charge to supplement charge in a unit. I have a very small leak in my evap. coil and just wondering what it should cost versus what I am getting charged.
    Please do not be offended by my reply.

My broken, made-in-China, crystal ball says that you will not get a reply from a Pro that answers your pricing question. They don't give out pricing info on this site.

Take care.

If you have a very small leak in your evaporator coil......why aren't you getting it fixed???

Gas and Go is the worst thing you can do to your system. You system is possibly contaminating itself while it runs.

Get the system repaired properly. You are going to spend more money in recharging the system versus getting it repaired properly.
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

reason for question

Here is the reason for this question. I understand the policies regarding no pricing information and that is 100% fine with me. The problem I do have is;
    I have been navigating this site and it seems to me every time someone posts a question, half of the people who reply are arrogant a%#@&. If an individual wants some common knowledge, why cant you just help the, instead of trying to be a prick about it? I thank all of the people on here who are genuine and it is a shame that some people have nothing better to do with their time.
    The reason for my question: I have been doing HVAC work for a few years and am trying to branch off and start my own business. I am just trying to stay competitive with out screwing anyone. If a system has a tiny champagne leak and the customer does not want to spend the money to replace the system, what am I supposed to do. Say, "No i don't want your business or money".

This should be fun.....

Not that I am a HVAC technician but more out of curiosity, if you are a HVAC tech why would you not even fix your own equipment? Makes me not want to use you to fix my system if I needed help. Also shouldn't you already know the cost for R22 and R410? Just an observation and curious too.

Anyone else think the same?

I give the stuff away.

I just charge twice as much as its worth added on my labor rate.

Here is the reason for this question. I understand the policies regarding no pricing information and that is 100% fine with me. The problem I do have is;
    I have been navigating this site and it seems to me every time someone posts a question, half of the people who reply are arrogant a%#@&. If an individual wants some common knowledge, why cant you just help the, instead of trying to be a prick about it? I thank all of the people on here who are genuine and it is a shame that some people have nothing better to do with their time.
    The reason for my question: I have been doing HVAC work for a few years and am trying to branch off and start my own business. I am just trying to stay competitive with out screwing anyone. If a system has a tiny champagne leak and the customer does not want to spend the money to replace the system, what am I supposed to do. Say, "No i don't want your business or money".

Dude chill out....

How the hell we supposed to know your in the field, huh? You have no profile and mention nothing about it in your post. You claim you have a problem with your unit and want to COMPARE?!?!?

If you are really in the field, then you should have known that theres no way to compare prices, ecpecially with a database as big as this one. We've got pros on here from other continents....this aint just a USA site.

So, now it comes down to this. I personally do not think your in the field. I think your just trying to justify your question. Which isn't right. Next off would be the branching off deal.

If you work for a company now, look at your prices. And determine from there. If you have any experience in this field, then you should easily know what other companies in your area charge for services and products. You obviously don't have a clue as to what you are doing since you just wanna wing it and go from there.

Don't take any of this personally. I think your blowin smoke up our asses. I don't think your a pro. And I don't care to start a war with you. There have been those that have been banned from this site for acting stupid and attacking others. So cool your jets now.

If you are a pro. Get your pro membership. Then you can discuss the information you seek in the professional forums. If your not a pro, I suggest you calm down and take the info you can out of this site.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

You went from having a small leak in your evap, to being a tech that wants to go into business for yourself.

If your in the trade get your post count up, and apply for pro membership, and access to both the pro tech, and pro business forum.

In both of those forums, pricing can be discussed.

From one end of the country to the next, their is a big difference in price.

So we can't tell you what your competition charges.

You can do like others have done.
    Call your competition, pretend to be a potential customer, and ask them how much it will cost for them to come out and top off your charge.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Dude...

Quote Originally Posted by iraqveteran View Post
    Dude chill out....
    Dude.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

From your other thread....remember this???

This is your other thread you started......

Here was your question.

I have been looking for a web site where i could find a matching indoor furance for trane 5 ton 19I model number 2TTZ9060. Does anyone know which m/n furnace i need? Thanks for any help.

Ok. I aint no rocket scientist but here goes. You've asked 1 extremely basic question about model numbers and 1 question about pricing....

This aint adding up. You know your not doing something right here. Either you are in the field and have no experience and need a lot of guidance or you are a HO tryin to get some DIY out of us.

You mind clarifying these things? Its alright to ask questions, even stupid ones......

But when you don't get the answer your looking for, don't complain. Move on.

dudes, we gonna go for 15 pages here....

We got cut short last time by a non-dude of a mod.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast