Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alberta Techs

Thumbs up Alberta Techs

Required for residential some commercial retros and service. Work is in Edmonton, Alberta Canada. Send resumes to Barb at comfortablehomesystems"shaw.ca
    Do it right the first time.

I saw your other ad. Just curious what are you paying for techs?

We start our guys off at $26.00 and after 2 weeks you show me worth more I will pay up to $35.00 Per hour. We are trying to get guys with min 2 years or more experience. come east soon and I will give you a job.

Actually 21 degrees I am happy living in the okanagan working big commercial I have a friend who is a commercial tech mostly rooftops and heat pumps who is moving out to edmonton next month. I will pass on the contact info for him. Thank you

Its hard attracting good or even average techs these days I see lots of notices at the suppliers

Have you sent notices to the ref suppliers in alta BC etc ?

good luck
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Hey I would love to live in Okanagan. Some of the nices lakes. I would appreciate that, in need big time of good employees.

Just local

good luck[/QUOTE]

That is good idea and never thought about other areas. I tell my office to try else where. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Its hard attracting good or even average techs these days I see lots of notices at the suppliers

good luck
    there are ads up at the wholesaler that have been up for months and months-with good and reputable companies.skilled labour is in a severe shortage here and i think the OP will have a tough time finding anybody at that wage,considering what the union scale is at.2nd years make 26 bucks an hour.

Yah but you got 2 have blue book

Quote Originally Posted by cold in alberta View Post
    there are ads up at the wholesaler that have been up for months and months-with good and reputable companies.skilled labour is in a severe shortage here and i think the OP will have a tough time finding anybody at that wage,considering what the union scale is at.2nd years make 26 bucks an hour.
    I came out of the union 12 years in local 488. You will have to pay me a lot more to work union because of all BS. Some people just like going to work without BS. Plus a company Truck and trips. Last year sent every employee somewhere. When I was in the union I had ride yellow school bus and they never sent me anywhere.

we all have opinions on union or non but the simple fact here is non-union shops(most of them)are on par or paying more than union shops.I realize you do a lot of residential but you are a little low IMHO

A little low

we all have opinions on union or non but the simple fact here is non-union shops(most of them)are on par or paying more than union shops.I realize you do a lot of residential but you are a little low IMHO
    There are not to many companies paying $32.00 to $35.00 per Hour and not a lot of union competition. Anyways I got job listed across Canada and on monsters.CA. I am sure someone will fill job. If not I guess I will have to put in overtime.

Good luck with your search-i only do commercial/industrial so i guesss i may be out of touch with what the resi guys are paying.I'm in the same boat as you-i own my own company and need a good guy right now but cant find one.once again-good luck.

True Storey

Good luck with your search-i only do commercial/industrial so i guesss i may be out of touch with what the resi guys are paying.I'm in the same boat as you-i own my own company and need a good guy right now but cant find one.once again-good luck.
    I hired 2 commercial guys with Alberta tickets and left them alone on a job, thought they new better since they were in trade for 15 + years doing commercial work for reputable companies, had job inspected by edmonton inspectors and they said exactly you better get journeyman on job or we will revoke your city license, I laught my ass off because they were friends of city inspector and they don't bother me now. My only journeyman tin basher does service only. Refuses to do residential because inspectors r to anal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast