Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thank you ntech64 - it was very useful information!!

The PXC Controller can work with RS485 BLN and BLN Ethernet in the same time?

The PXC Modular, the PXC 36, and the second generation of the PXC 24 ( the one that has both a 485 and an ethernet connection on it) can be used as an AEM with the correct license. That means that the panel can be the single ethernet connection for a P2 trunk, and route the P2 messages from the server to the rest of the 485 panels. This is only available for the Siemens P2 network, not for the Bacnet Network.
    On the Bacnet side of the world, the above panels can be Bacnet routers, talking Bacnet IP on the ethernet, and Bacnet MSTP on the 485.

Thanks Daramoe!!!!

Do you know the exactly Part number that I have to ask?

For which one? In each of the controllers, the P2 and the bacnet are different part numbers as they are different firmware loads.

The P2 with AEM.

For the PXC 24:
    Part Numer PXC24.2-PEF.A

or

For the PXC 36:
    Base Panel
    Part number PXC36-PE.A
    P2, 36 points

or

Full Panel PXC 36
    Part Number PXC36-PEF.A
    P2, 36 points, I/O, FLN

For any of the above, to enable the Virtual AEM, you will also need part number LSM-VAEM

To install and enable the license, your Siemens rep will have to know the ID number of the panel you are going to install it on. It's on the box the controller is shipped in, it's available through the HMI prompt, and it's available through Insight.

The licenses are generated by Home Office and are based on that ID number. The license is a text file that can be typed in from the HMI, or installed from an Insight 3.91 or higher.

Hey everybody!!

I know this is an old/dead threat but I have a PCX16.2 that has an ethernet port on it. I believe it to be the e.a. version but I'm not sure. It also has a display.

Now my real question. I'm adding a front end (JACE) to the building with this controller in. I was hoping I could get to it by through BACnet comms but no luck. I can't find any info on the IP address inside it at all. My next step is to try to get into it through the HMI port; but I can't find any info on how to do that!!!

Does anybody have info on how to access it through HYPERTERM!? I have the correct cables, but I can't find documentation on how to connnect to the PCX16.

Thanks,
    Corey

I believe the PXC can only be ordered with P2 RS-485 or P2 ethernet or BACnet communication. If you can supply me with the full model number, I can probably look it up and let you know your options. The ethernet port is there, but might be useless on your box.
    The comm settings for Hyperterminal are pretty generic . The baud rate could be set to any of the standards and the rest is 8, none, 1,none.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavyevans View Post
    I believe the PXC can only be ordered with P2 RS-485 or P2 ethernet or BACnet communication. If you can supply me with the full model number, I can probably look it up and let you know your options. The ethernet port is there, but might be useless on your box.
    The comm settings for Hyperterminal are pretty generic . The baud rate could be set to any of the standards and the rest is 8, none, 1,none.
    Thanks for the reply. I believe it is PXC16.2-E.A. On the 10S display it says BACnet 3.2 so I'm hoping that it will have BACnet capabilities; however, I've read that a license has to be installed to enable BACnet comms through the port. I guess I'll know more once I get to it through HYPERTERM.

Thanks for the info.

Is there a default user name and password for the Siemens PXC that can be entered after >Time, Message, Cancel, Hello?

Hi,
    Were you able to communicate through HMI port? Do you have the part number for the cable you are using? thanks

Siemens part# 540-143

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast