KMC Total Control Alarms

I'm trying to make a binary alarm email out to the in house guys. I have the input changing state properly and the class is set up just like all the other alarms that are working. The change of state doesn't register in the notification monitor and doesn't email out. Does anybody have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Figured it out. I needed to add a DALARM statement to the program

Emailing of Alarms

Quote Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
    Figured it out. I needed to add a DALARM statement to the program
    Putting the DALARM will get it to show up in the alarm summary, but not email out. Which version of software are you running and with what Tier 1 device?

Thanks for the reply. I don't know the version of software or the exact model of the Tier 1 device. I just took over this facility and am trying to learn this system. I do know that there are KMD devices on this system. They used to have Wincontrol but the previous contractor put in Total Control to get them to the web. For some reason, I couldn't get the alarm to email until I added the DALARM statement referencing the alarm point into the program. Is there an easier way to do this?

Guess you need to configure your Tier 1 panel with your SMTP server IP address. You would also need KMC's HCM.exe utility program, and a direct connection to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by bobcontrols View Post
    Guess you need to configure your Tier 1 panel with your SMTP server IP address. You would also need KMC's HCM.exe utility program, and a direct connection to do this.
    The HCM program is used to configure KMD tier 1 controllers for the Ethernet settings or the KMD tier 2 controllers subnet address add/or baud. There is a place in the "notification services" to adjust the outgoing mail server (smtp), username / password (for a real email address, so people know where the email is coming from-ie totalcontrol@cabautomations.com), domain, port. There is a place to test the settings to set that it goes out.
    If your using totalcontrol (design studio) to setup your people to alarm to you can do this in the "alarm routing manager". add the person, set up the times in which you want to receive emails daytime hours or 24/7 under the delivery details section. Most important you have to define your alarms in control basic, so total control knows this needs to be emailed out. For example:
    DALARM IN1 < 34 , 3 , E3 Air temperature is close to freezing. The E3 is picked up by the alarm routing manager and sent out to whoever is define to get the E3 alarms. This is done in the same section under the "alarm routing manager" on the bottom. E1 and E2 are default alarms, if your adding custom alarms just add another class, E3, E4, E5 and attach this in front of your alarm statement. I hope this isn't confusing you. Its all in front of you as your reading this reply.

Thanks for the replies! Very helpful information.