Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry AX history chart on px

I am having a brain fart or this isn't possible....been sitting here stumped for an hour!

I have jaces with histories setup in them, sending the histories to the supervisor daily. All control points are having been exported to the supervisor (gotta love batch editor exporttags) The graphics are being built in the supervisor and I want to put a history chart on the px of these VAVs. Is it possible to have relativized px with history chart in the supervisor? Its simple in the jace to do this, you just drag and drop the numeric interval ext and change the view to history chart, but in the supervisor NOT. I have tried BQL and all other combinations and I can't seem to get it.

Any help is appreciated!

VykonPro Enhanced Hyperlinks
    1 + 1 = 3 ( *** for very large values of 1)

...everybody wants a box of chocolates and long stemmed rose

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    VykonPro Enhanced Hyperlinks
    Thanks for the respnse.

Can it be used to display the supervisor history chart on the vav PX?

Yes. do some digging and you'll work it out.

Quote Originally Posted by chadtech View Post
    I am having a brain fart or this isn't possible....been sitting here stumped for an hour!

I have jaces with histories setup in them, sending the histories to the supervisor daily. All control points are having been exported to the supervisor (gotta love batch editor exporttags) The graphics are being built in the supervisor and I want to put a history chart on the px of these VAVs. Is it possible to have relativized px with history chart in the supervisor? Its simple in the jace to do this, you just drag and drop the numeric interval ext and change the view to history chart, but in the supervisor NOT. I have tried BQL and all other combinations and I can't seem to get it.

Any help is appreciated!
    I use the JCI branded jace, so I'm not sure if it's totally the same. You said export to the supervisor. I say imported from jace, setup to archive every 3-4 hours. I use pop-ups all the time on floor plans, so if the user clicks on a vav temp on the floor plan. the graphic for the vav pops-up on the left side and a space temp trend for the last 24 hrs pops-up on the right side. The history trend is relativized on the drop down menu when the ord object menu first opens (the little folder guy on the right), just select history ord and pick the history. The trend should have two symbols in the upper left corner one is to force a collection update from the jace and the other is for a delta t chart.

Just curious....but why are you guys doing trending at the Jace level?

Quote Originally Posted by ascj View Post
    because its easy to roll out and duplicate field code with histories already on field points
    The supervisor after getting histories (either imported from Jace, or exported by Jace ) ends up with histories named exactly the same as they are in the jace

Why are you doing them in the supervisor?

because its easy to roll out and duplicate field code with histories already on field points
    The supervisor after getting histories (either imported from Jace, or exported by Jace ) ends up with histories named exactly the same as they are in the jace

Why are you doing them in the supervisor?
    I'm not understanding...."roll out and duplicate field code with histories on field points"?

Why do I do my histories at the supervisor.....because the supervisor has way more memory than a Jace. So I can trend greater intervals over alot greater time, with no worries of exhausting my RAM disk.

On a Supervisor setup, we alarm at the Jace level. We do graphics and trending at the Supervisor level.

For me, The network (LAN) is out of my control, so if the IT guys decide to do maintenance and upgrades at night for the next week, I have a backup in the jace. when the network is good again, it will back fill my stale time, no breaks in my trend data. Now, we started selling controls that can export the on-board trends. I'll probably be using these for the same reason, just another blanket of reassurance that I'll always have the trend data even if the jace goes down for a while.

I'm not understanding...."roll out and duplicate field code with histories on field points"?.
    well, when we roll out a Jace we rarely create code/points/alarms/histories from scratch. We usually just strip down a pre-existing station from another already engineered job and make the new one fly. This way everything is largely set up already....code/folders/views/histories etc

you know that the niagaraNetwork for a station (either a Jace or a Super) can be used to export local histories to another station ... or import histories from another station?

that way the supervisor ends up with all the field histories anyways....all with exactly the same name as in the original station (if you want it that way)

Less work!
    Last edited by MatrixTransform; 10-25-2013 at 08:19 PM. Reason: ...bad speeler

Quote Originally Posted by mechdorn View Post
    ...when the network is good again, it will back fill my stale time, no breaks in my trend data ... just another blanket of reassurance ...
    exactly! Well put.

hmm, a blanket of reassurance ... I should get one to go with my cloak of invisibility!

well, when we roll out a Jace we rarely create code/points/alarms/histories from scratch. We usually just strip down a pre-existing station from another already engineered job and make the new one fly. This way everything is largely set up already....code/folders/views/histories etc

you know that the niagaraNetwork for a station (either a Jace or a Super) can be used to export local histories to another station ... or import histories from another station?

that way the supervisor ends up with all the field histories anyways....all with exactly the same name as in the original station (if you want it that way)

Less work!
    I see your point.........But alot of our sites we trend pretty hard and keep 3 years worth of trending.

Can you set different record counts for the Jace and the Supervisor, while importing/exporting? Never really looked into it.

Yes you can, set the Jace with say 3 days of trend, but exporting each night, the supervisor can be set to store years worth, it will sync the imported trends automatically. That way if the network is down one night it will still retain records in the Jace.

Kevin
    "Profit is not the legitimate purpose of business. The legitimate purpose of business is to provide a product or service that people need and do it so well that it's profitable."

James Rouse

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast