Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New Plugin from Distech

Anyone else using the new Distech EC-grxProgram plug-in with thier new ECP line of controllers? Just seeing what everyone thinks. I've been trying it for a week now, and it's like going from DOS to Windows. 1000% improvement!

Heck, it actually feels like your a programmer in this thing now...(modeled after Visual Basic UI)

I love the custom blocks..finally, less clutter and usable libraries to build..

poochz
    There is a way that seems good to man, but in the end leads to death.

Distech GFX

It not that bad of a jump from the GUI in AX.
    "I wish it were winter so we could freeze it into ice blocks and skate on it and melt it in the spring time and drink it!"

poochz, where did you find the new software and can I assume that it is not free. I checked the usual suspects but did not see it advertised.
    Are you a Distech dealer?

Quote Originally Posted by dapper View Post
    poochz, where did you find the new software and can I assume that it is not free. I checked the usual suspects but did not see it advertised.
    Are you a Distech dealer?
    Ditto - On the observation and the inherent question of how do I get hold of it?

by using the "Smart Installer" from Distech

Smart Installer

Yes, you have to use the Smart Installer. I tried to get it seperately but couldn't find it. Just as well, because the Smart Installer found alot of outdated firmware I was using.

Not sure if you have to log-in to get it, since I was already logged in to the web site did prior to getting it. If so, it's easy enough to get an account set up, just email them. It is free, Distech has never charged for thier plugins since you need to buy thier hardware for it to work (What a concept! Kudos!)

No, I'm not a distributer, but our new software is going to look very similar to Distechs (hint)

poochz
    There is a way that seems good to man, but in the end leads to death.

Quote Originally Posted by poochz View Post
    Yes, you have to use the Smart Installer. I tried to get it seperately but couldn't find it. Just as well, because the Smart Installer found alot of outdated firmware I was using.

Not sure if you have to log-in to get it, since I was already logged in to the web site did prior to getting it. If so, it's easy enough to get an account set up, just email them. It is free, Distech has never charged for thier plugins since you need to buy thier hardware for it to work (What a concept! Kudos!)

No, I'm not a distributer, but our new software is going to look very similar to Distechs (hint)poochz
    Imagine that! Are they finally getting smart?

Ok, I ran the SmartInstaller earlier but did not realize that the 'free programmable' upgrade is the new EC-gfx.

I haven't spent a lot of time with it, but in my initial forays, I found it quite impressive. Within half an hour of getting the beta, I programmed a 4 stage cooling air handler with modulating heat and economizer. Very intuitive, very capable.

I have to agree with you. I'm impressed by some of the built in functions.....

and they seemed to have very similar concepts to some of my favorite H-well functions.

I'll have to dig into this deeper. Does Distech have built-in wireless on their programmables? It seems that way from this programming plugin.

They do appear to be pretty sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by sysint View Post
    Does Distech have built-in wireless on their programmables? It seems that way from this programming plugin.

The following programmable controllers support up to 14 wireless inputs, when configured using EC-gfxProgram, graphical programming interface:
    • ECP-103-W
    • ECP-203-W
    • ECP-300-W and ECP-310-W
    • ECP-VAV-W
    • ECP-VAVS-W
    • ECP-PTU-W and ECP-PTUA-W

[QUOTE=poochz;1929865]Yes, you have to use the Smart Installer. I tried to get it seperately but couldn't find it. Just as well, because the Smart Installer found alot of outdated firmware I was using.

If you had that many updates make sure you have the latest rel. of Smart Installer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast