Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Freezeking2000 View Post
    Thats what you get for using a side jobber.

ROTFLMAO! My sentiments exactly!

It sounds to me that it is time to pony up, call a real contractor, with a real service tech that is responsive to your needs. Had you done that in the first place the likelyhood of you being here would be nil.

Quote Originally Posted by RLEE2344 View Post
    More than likely. Like i said..you will be better off to find someome more trst worthy for the job. Just cut you loss and start over. If he is as bad as he sounds...He will cost you more money from his mistakes. Find someone to do it right and be done with it.
    Maintenance man basically told me the same thing. He said that if the oil wasn't there a month ago and it is now, it is more than likely this guys fault. He said that he would hate to see me put more and more money into it and that this guy should make it right.

Can just the outdoor coils be replaced? He said he also didn't think that they did that, and the whole outdoor unit would need to be replaced. He said that if they just replaced the compressor, that they probably wouldn't replace the whole outdoor unit.

They can but unless its under a parts warranty then it is usually not worth it. Seriously....find someone more qualified and go from there. I would forget everything this guy has said and start over.

Quote Originally Posted by austinsm11 View Post
    Maintenance man basically told me the same thing. He said that if the oil wasn't there a month ago and it is now, it is more than likely this guys fault. He said that he would hate to see me put more and more money into it and that this guy should make it right.

Can just the outdoor coils be replaced? He said he also didn't think that they did that, and the whole outdoor unit would need to be replaced. He said that if they just replaced the compressor, that they probably wouldn't replace the whole outdoor unit.
    I hope you are not in Austin, TX.
    Your user name sound like.....Austin..and it will be damn hot without A/C working ..if you are

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12