Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lennox question

Post Likes

Lennox question

I am looking for the part number for the anti-vibration bolt for the fan motor mount bracket for a G51-MP- 48C-090. I could not find the part number in the installation or homeowner's manual. The 2 contractors I e-mailed said they need the part number to order it and the wait on Lennox's 800 # is forever.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Post Likes
    Are you talking about a shipping bolt that should be removed? Is there a place in the motor mounting bracket with a bolt missing?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyBob View Post
    Are you talking about a shipping bolt that should be removed? Is there a place in the motor mounting bracket with a bolt missing?
    Thanks. Not the open spot for the shipping bolt, I am looking for the bolt with the rubber disc on it.

Post Likes
    I don't have your dash #, you didn't post it, but my info is that motor has the mount welded to it and the grommet is part of the mount. Sometimes, I have seen them where I use the old grommet also.

Now, if the motor has a belly band, any self respecting guy can get himself out of trouble, actually same with the integrated mount.

Post Likes
    Here is my problem. Looking in the filter rack you can see and hear the motor vibrating in the blower wheel. If you stabilize the open/shipping mount the vibration and noise stop. Had a tech out yesterday to replace the blower wheel, under warranty, secondary to being out of balance from drywall dust. However, the motor still vibrates. The tech said the motor sounded great when he left. Maybe I am expecting too much in the silence department. I figured if I could put a bolt back in this shipping hole the motor would be stabilized and the noise/problem would be solved? Yes-no, good-bad?

Any other ideas as to why the motor vibrates/rattles in the blower wheel? Am I expecting too much as far as silence? Is this normal?

Thanks again.

Post Likes
    Call him back, the new wheel may be bent from shipping...........have had that happen a zillion times.

The part you want is a shipping bolt and is not available from Lennox as a repair part.

Post Likes
    I always roll a new wheel across the floor, you would be suprised how many are slightly bent from shipping!

Post Likes
    LOL, what the heck is an anti-vibration bolt?, if it's the shipping bolt, I can send you a couple hundred!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay 41 View Post
    LOL, what the heck is an anti-vibration bolt?, if it's the shipping bolt, I can send you a couple hundred!

What do you call the 3 bolts on the motor mounts with the rubber discs and lock washers? I assumed they kept the motor from vibrating in the mounts.

Glad I could add a laugh to your day....the next time you have an orthopedic surgery related question and don't know the proper terminology I will be sure to chuckle at you!!!!

Post Likes
    Call him back, the new wheel may be bent from shipping...........have had that happen a zillion times.

The part you want is a shipping bolt and is not available from Lennox as a repair part.
    Thanks for the assistance it is appreciated.

Post Likes
    Don't know if this helps but I had one last week that sounds like your problem but it was not the blower wheel the motors shaft would actually move in and out to far and caused the unit to vibrate.Put a new motor on and haven't heard a word from the HO yet.
    Just a thought.

Post Likes
    as Bob said, call them back for a do over. i have seen many new wheels bent by UPS.

whenever i change a warranty blower wheel for vibration i always change the motor to. vibration from wheel could damage motor bearings.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RDP View Post
    Don't know if this helps but I had one last week that sounds like your problem but it was not the blower wheel the motors shaft would actually move in and out to far and caused the unit to vibrate.Put a new motor on and haven't heard a word from the HO yet.
    Just a thought.

Thanks for the assistance, it is appreciated.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by t527ed View Post
    as Bob said, call them back for a do over. i have seen many new wheels bent by UPS.

whenever i change a warranty blower wheel for vibration i always change the motor to. vibration from wheel could damage motor bearings.

Thanks for the info, it's appreciated. Will have them bring out a blower motor also.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by t527ed View Post

Not a bad idea, the dealer's only warranty avenue is now davenet. Those are parts that do not have to be returned.

Post Likes
    I think you are right. I've never heard of a anti-vibration bolt.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by superd77 View Post
    I think you are right. I've never heard of a anti-vibration bolt.
    Ummmm.................you may be incorrect. I need to rent a radiator stretcher this weekend...............know where I can get one?

Post Likes
    Sorry Dude!!! I loaned that to my neighbor last week. I got a copper stretcher from a buddy. Will that help???

Do you Know where I can find a left handed football??? I lost my right hand in a gunfight three years ago.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by superd77 View Post
    Sorry Dude!!! I loaned that to my neighbor last week. I got a copper stretcher from a buddy. Will that help???

Do you Know where I can find a left handed football??? I lost my right hand in a gunfight three years ago.

You win!

Post Likes
    Truce!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in