Zone Control Unit- We need advice.

Greetings,

Im not sure if im posting in the right forum but we just need to see if we can get any advice on a problem we are having in our home. Im not to technical with AC terminology but i'll explain the problem the best i can.

We have a Lennox Merrit Unit that has zone control about 4 years old, same as the house that we live in. We have 2 thermostats, one upstairs and one downstairs. These thermostats are made from honeywell and they are obsolete. The only thing they do is set temperature, off and on button and switch to auto fan\heating\colling mode. The problem is that that there is hardly no air blowing through any of the vents in our master bedrrom\bathroom\walkin closet downstairs. The other rooms seems to be blowing strong enough and so is the upstairs, which has it's own thermostat.

We had a AC repair guy come by and said that he wasn't experienced and does not service with Zone Control Units but took a guess and mentioned that it maybe one of our dampers not opening.

My questions are:

1. Why is there hardly no air blowing to our master bedroom downastairs and the other parts of the house is?

2. THe Damper closing and opening, can this be controlled by a thermostat.
    3. Do i need to hire a HVAC repair guy or can i fix the problem myself?

Any information will be gladly appreciated.

Thanks
    Greg

Could be a damper problem

Call the company that installed it, they should be able to service it.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?