Confused VisionPro IAQ Questions

I am having the following Lennox sytems installed today:

First Floor - XC15-036-230 A/C, CX-34-43C Coil and G61MPV-36C-090 VS Furnace

Second Floor - XC15-030-230 A/C, CX-34-38A-6F Coil and G60UHV-36A-070 VS Furnace

I am also getting two VisionProIAQ thermostats (based on recommendations from this board).

I am comfortable that the system is sized right and that the installers know what they are doing, and the installation is going fine (as far as I can tell).

However, the installers are not very familiar with the IAQ thermostats. How do I make sure the thermostats are wired and set up correctly to take advantage of all of their capabilities (i.e. cool to dehumidify, reduce blower spped, etc.)? What fan settings should I use (on, auto, circulate)? Any questions I should ask the installers? The owner's manual is not very helpful.

Thank you for your help.

The EIM installation manual is more what you are looking for. It does a better job explaining all the wiring configurations the installers will need.

The installers have all the installation instructions. I quess my real question is if it is wired correctly are all of the settings to use all of the features automatic or do you have to select from certain options (such as fan setting (on, auto or circ), cool to dehumidify, etc.). Thank you.

The wiring is only part of the installation.

There is an "installer setup" section in the IAQ installation instructions with dozens of options to suit your system and your needs. Your installer should understand each option, otherwise they shouldn't be installing the thermostat.
    White Bear Township, Minnesota
    www.summitheating.com

They need to read both teh furnace and IAQ install manuals to make sure its wired right for teh control you want.
    Then, they need to go into the setup menu, and enable the features you want.

The blower "auto, on, and circ" are controls you set from the main screen.
    Cool to dehumidify is what they enable from the setup menu.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

How do I know what features I want - I do not know what the various options do not don't do? I picked the IAQ thermostat for its flexibility (based on recommendations frrom folks on this board) and the installers agreed to install it even though they normally do not use it. I am just looking for some quidance as the owner's manual just describes the options but not what they do. I have no interest in chastising my installers because they are not fully conversant in the thermostat I told them to use. Thank you.

if they never hooked up an IAQ before or at least an H.W. 8000 their gonna be learning on yours

hook your tech up with this website, we will tell him how to set it up properly in the pro forum!

Might want to have them enable.
    Cool to dehumidify
    Blower slow down

Do you have a humidifier?
    Or fresh air vent?
    If so, have them contoled by the IAQ also.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Thank you. I have a humidifier on the first floor unit. No special air ventilation stuff.