Hybrid View

Carrier furnace with new A/c and low airflow

Hi, I just had A/C installed to my home which is 2 years old. My furnace is a Carrier 58STX90-16 which had great air flow on heat mode throughout my house. I had a local contractor install a Ducane system with a matched 4 ton coil in the attic. He had to move the ducting distribution box to make room for the coil. Since then my air flow has been dismal. I contacted the installer with my problem and he was of little help. I went ahead and contacted another local contractor who came out and said that the unit was 1lb low on freon and he fixed a condensation leak in the attic. He also didn't have an answer to why the low air flow. Now today I've been testing the a/c to see if it could keep my house at 75 degrees. Right now it's 86 outside and the a/c is running constantly and it's 77 inside my home. I checked the small copper line going to the condensor because i was told it should be warm and it's not. Please help with some guidance if you could I'm getting tired of throwing money at this unit with no support from these contractors...

Thank You...

Mike

It sounds like the installing contractor needs to address and fix the problem. Have them do a static pressure test, and check airflow compared to size of unit. A reputable contractor will fix the problem.

Well. You may have gone with the wrong bid.
    Not to bust on Ducane. But many times its used by lower priced contractors that don't test systems to see if the existing duct work can handle the coils restriction.

Good chance, that as you expect, teh install is not corect.

Can you post pics of teh A/C coil box, and how teh ducts are attached to it.

From your description, we can't tell anything.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Thanks for the replies. The original contractor is giving me the run around and as you suspect my budget is tight and I went with the low bid but now my budget is out the window. I'll get some pics posted...

here i am

whats ur temperature difference between supply and return duct

Is that a flexible dryer vent on the flue line? Not sure if that's code, but I'd want rigid material to carry those harmful flue gases. If you can get close enough to the distribution box, do you feel any major air loss?