Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 20 Degree split

Hybrid View

Angry 20 Degree split

I am A new tech and after charging a system the way I was taught in school. I went and checked the tempature at the supply and at the return and I was looking for a 20 degree differential. However, it was only 12. Supply 71 and Return 83. After researching this forum I found that if it is above 20 it is an indication there is poor or low air flow. Dose anyone have experience as to what would cause the the differential to be below the 15-20,
    that I should be getting. Thanks in advance.

Anthony49

20 split across the coil.....

with that being said. Get 14 more posts and get your pro status...

There is a wealth of knowledge in the Pro forums. These tech details we cannot discuss here in the open forums. Too many DIYers with wandering eyes.

Get Pro. And we can help you out more than you know. Good luck and get postin. See ya on the flip side.
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Quote Originally Posted by iraqveteran View Post
    These tech details we cannot discuss here in the open forums. Too many DIYers with wandering eyes.
    I've always found it interesting how some people interpret the forum rules:

2. Do-It-Yourselfers - not here.

This site is for industry professionals and folks seeking HVAC/R advice and knowledge. Please do not ask for step by step instructions on purchasing, installing or repairing your own HVAC equipment, that is our job and our livelihood. We are generous, but not to a fault.

Questions of this type will not be answered and may be deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by snewman24 View Post
    I've always found it interesting how some people interpret the forum rules:

2. Do-It-Yourselfers - not here.

This site is for industry professionals and folks seeking HVAC/R advice and knowledge. Please do not ask for step by step instructions on purchasing, installing or repairing your own HVAC equipment, that is our job and our livelihood. We are generous, but not to a fault.

Questions of this type will not be answered and may be deleted.
    huh? What are you implying here man?

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Quote Originally Posted by iraqveteran View Post
    huh? What are you implying here man?
    What I'm saying is the rule doesn't prohibit technical discussions on HVAC principles as long as you're not giving "step by step instructions on purchasing, installing or repairing your own HVAC equipment". At least that's literally what the rule says. If ADMIN doesn't want any technical discussions with non-pros then they need to modify the rule and make it clearer. Some members have a very broad definition and like to use it as a club against newbies.

I see what your sayin.

I try to avoid going technical in the open forums. There just too many DIY and engineers out there that figure they know what they are doing.

Not to mention, if we start helping out everyone that claims to be a tech, then whats the point of the pro status?

I see it this way. If we press on the issue of the member to get professional status, then we are doing 2 things at once. First off, we are weeding out the non-pros that are trying to get free diagnostic help. And second, once they apply for pro, and get pro status, then we know that they are a pro.

And then once they move into the pro forums, the wealth of knowledge is overwhelming at first. But definately worth the time waiting.

A. Was that at the supply and return of the air handler, or at registers.
    B. How did school teach you to charge.
    C. Is it a fix metering device, or TXV system.
    D. What was the indoor wet bulb, what was the out door dry bulb.
    E. Did you verify air flow.
    F.What was it in CFM.
    G. What size is the system.
    H. Why do some guys ask so many questions, when they were only asked one.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

If a sauna, 12 over the coil may be OK. If dry and cool, NOT!

And yes, we normally don't talk technical here so work on getting your pro status.

Need more info

How did they teach you to charge a system in school?
    Was the unit flat?
    New system?
    Metering Device?
    What type refrigerant?
    12 degrees....not good....something's wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by cnpro18 View Post
    How did they teach you to charge a system in school?
    Was the unit flat?
    New system?
    Metering Device?
    What type refrigerant?
    12 degrees....not good....something's wrong.
    suction like beer can cold man

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony49 View Post
    I am A new tech and after charging a system the way I was taught in school. I went and checked the tempature at the supply and at the return and I was looking for a 20 degree differential. However, it was only 12. Supply 71 and Return 83. After researching this forum I found that if it is above 20 it is an indication there is poor or low air flow. Dose anyone have experience as to what would cause the the differential to be below the 15-20,
    that I should be getting. Thanks in advance.

Anthony49
    Keep answering and asking questions don`t let these guys scare you . Do a search I am sure there is alot of info in the regular area`s. Besides you have to get that post count up somehow. The pro section only has so much info questions like yours gets asked in there too.

i smell home owner looking for advice, or tech. that need's to go back to the school he went to and get a re-fund. or i could be wrong

here i am

Quote Originally Posted by thegoodlistener View Post
    Keep answering and asking questions don`t let these guys scare you . Do a search I am sure there is alot of info in the regular area`s. Besides you have to get that post count up somehow. The pro section only has so much info questions like yours gets asked in there too.
    check the air flow and pressures it might be low on refrigerant or a leak

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast