So an electronic remote bulb stat controlling an either/or wired fan speed relay for humidity control seems like it would be the ticket.

I was just thinking recently that with an oversized system reduced air flow would not only increase humidity removal but would also reduce compressor capacity as the suction pressure fell.

PHM
--------

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
I've been a major fan of reduced air flow for humidity control for years. Even before variable speed blowers became more popular to use, I would install low speed fan relays connected to coil freeze stats to increase the speed on temperature drop for situations where humidity was an issue.

The only residential application I have ever come across where some sort of auxiliary mechanical dehumidification was needed was in situations where there was some sort of water source that could not be controlled. In one such situation the water table of the house was at the bottom of the basements concrete floor. In that case, the properly sized and properly operating cooling system ran constantly without being able to reduce the temperature in the home because it was spending 80% of it's energy on dehumidification. If I remember correctly, it was operating at an average 6 degree DT at a psc motor setting of 400 cfm per ton.