Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Also look at the thread posted just above this one, and ask this guy how much he likes his goodman. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by aintitfun View Post
    Sorry guys, you are just not going to talk me into a reciprocating compressor being better than a scroll.
    Never said one was better than the other....just said that a properly installed system will out perform an improperly installed system every day of the week.....no matter what the system is.
    I need a new signature.....

Also look at the thread posted just above this one, and ask this guy how much he likes his goodman. LOL
    Typical....blame the unit not the install....
    I need a new signature.....

Quote Originally Posted by Airmechanical View Post
    i recommend you changeover to a heatpump!

Heat pump in southern Cal is very rare. Electricity is way to expensive down there, much cheaper to run on gas.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    what's your problem with Goodman?

Why do you ask??lol

Sorry guys, you are just not going to talk me into a reciprocating compressor being better than a scroll.
    You sound like some young pup who has not had the vast experiences with recips that we more seasoned techs have had.

Scrolls have some advantages over recips, expecially over 3 ton capacity where a scroll's performance curve surpasses that of a recip. However, there are no more problems overall with recips then there are with scrolls. The HVAC industry did just fine with recips long before scrolls came on the scene.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

It seems to me I heard that Rheem has an enclosed burner 80% furnace that is quite quiet. If so, I would think that sound rating may be a major factor with a condo install and so I would recommend the Rheem in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    Why do you ask??lol
    Because non-specific accusations about equipment brands and one line quips that don't add anything to the conversation are basically wastes of time by posters who just want to create crap.

OH......lol

Quote Originally Posted by sammy37 View Post
    Heat pump in southern Cal is very rare. Electricity is way to expensive down there, much cheaper to run on gas.

can't imagine how you figured that!

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    You sound like some young pup who has not had the vast experiences with recips that we more seasoned techs have had.

Scrolls have some advantages over recips, expecially over 3 ton capacity where a scroll's performance curve surpasses that of a recip. However, there are no more problems overall with recips then there are with scrolls. The HVAC industry did just fine with recips long before scrolls came on the scene.
    Well you missed on that one. Have worked with recips for a very long time. Just kinda of a dying technology. Dont know why you would recommend a recip over a scroll. I guess with the equipment she mentioned, (13 seer R22) It may not matter much.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    It seems to me I heard that Rheem has an enclosed burner 80% furnace that is quite quiet. If so, I would think that sound rating may be a major factor with a condo install and so I would recommend the Rheem in this situation.

Here is the furnace he is talking about, burner is not totally enclosed. But it is a fairly quiet furnace.

http://www.rheemac.com/products/Prod...ificModel=80PS

can't imagine how you figured that!

So what are you saying? You suggested it to the op, I was just stating that they were not commonly used there.

Well you missed on that one. Have worked with recips for a very long time. Just kinda of a dying technology. Dont know why you would recommend a recip over a scroll. I guess with the equipment she mentioned, (13 seer R22) It may not matter much.
    Where has anyone recommended a recipricating compressor over a scroll compressor? Looks to me like the poster was simply saying that in certain instances that there is no real advantage to use a scroll rather then a recipricating compressor. We need to keep ourselves open to all technology that is available to us and not get caught up in the snobbery of only wanting the newest thing to come down the pike. Let's talk rotary and inverter compressors. Will you be talking down scrolls in the near future because you think one of these may be better? Keep an open mind about technology. What is good in some applications is simply not the best for other applications. Why pay the cost of a scroll compressor on a 13 SEER low capacity system when a recipricating compressor will do a more efficient job (yes, recips are more efficient below 36,000 Btu capacity) for less?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast