Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Is this what you want?

EDITops thats ethernet/IP
    Attached Images Attached Images

FYI
    I have set this up using a JACE 6 with a LON card and driver, A BACnet server driver, and a fair amount of programming in Tridium AX. In the end it was well worth the effort. The project involved Trane Intelli Pack rooftops with LCI-I cards, Delta VAV controllers, and a ORCA View front end. Despite Trane's best efforts to be difficult, I still created a seamless integration.

Best Regards,
    boardsmoker

Freddy_B,

The device you refer to is the one PicNik already has, and converts the BACnet on LON signal into a BACnet on IP (not to be confused with BACnet Ethernet which I understand to be significantly different).

PicNik,

I understand Siemens US are looking at a BACnet / MSTP PX based device in the future, and there may therefore be a Siemens solution to your problem. Don't hold your breath though, not sure when. In the meantime I will asl on the Euro DAS site to see if anyone there knows of a device.

Quote Originally Posted by picnik View Post
    Sorry, I worded the origional question wrong. Looking for a router rather than a gateway.

I have got a plug in card for an inverter that talks BACNet over MS/TP. I want to get it into a Siemens PX network that talks BACNet over LON, i.e. BACNet protocol but uses LON cabling. (Don't ask me why they'd develop it like that, as I've yet to get a decent answer from Siemens Tech Support, but it does appear in the BACNet standard as a valid transport media).

BACNet mstp and lon uses the same communication cabling. 2 conductor 22 awg wire.
    BACNet and LON are two different communication protocols, so how do you talk bacnet over LON?
    UA Local 141

Quote Originally Posted by berg2666 View Post
    BACNet mstp and lon uses the same communication cabling. 2 conductor 22 awg wire.
    BACNet and LON are two different communication protocols, so how do you talk bacnet over LON?
    I'd bet Loytec can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by berg2666 View Post
    LON is a full 7 layer OSI so it can transfer bacnet.

Therefore you can have bacnet/IP, bacnet/MSTP and even bacnet/LON. What you can't have is LON/bacnet, because bacnet does not have this capability. Bacnet is not a full 7 layer OSI implementation.

And yes as somebody suggested, Loytec can transfer those packets. So can others. However, that doesn't really help you.

Quote Originally Posted by sysint View Post
    LON is a full 7 layer OSI so it can transfer bacnet.

Therefore you can have bacnet/IP, bacnet/MSTP and even bacnet/LON. What you can't have is LON/bacnet, because bacnet does not have this capability. Bacnet is not a full 7 layer OSI implementation.

And yes as somebody suggested, Loytec can transfer those packets. So can others. However, that doesn't really help you.
    yaaaaaaaaaaa!

I suppose with Siemens Europe the only company doing BACNet/LON and their headend unable to scan a BACNet network for other devices, it makes it almost proprietory .

Anyway, thanks guys. I will have to wait for siemens to produce their own. I won't hold my breath as its unlikely they'll make one till they have an MS/TP device to sell (why promote interoperability!!!)
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Don't be a stupid dwarf. It's not big and it's not clever!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12