Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Why don't you just have the guy come to your house and do it for you. Think that would be the next step. You could setup netmeeting, build a campfire, sing songs about capacitors and diodes.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooloose View Post
    Why don't you just have the guy come to your house and do it for you. Think that would be the next step. You could setup netmeeting, build a campfire, sing songs about capacitors and diodes.

Thumbs up

Hey twisted pair,

Your right I have not ever used UPCMEdit. Thats why I had so many questions. I have learned from history not to be afraid to ask questions...This is how one learns..

My programming experience with several other control manufactures, hardware and software has payed off for me.

I have found as a rule, it is fairly easy to learn new manufactures programming,hardware and software. if you
    ask questions and use the manufactures manuals.
    Speaking of manuals if you could send me the UPCM programming guide that would be terrific....

Thanks and Have a great day, Chet

What’s going on Freddy. No Ninja, last time I got my wrist slapped!!

Chet,

Check your email, I sent you the UPCM Programming Guide. If you cannot figure it out or run into problems it might be easier if you send the UPCM data files rather than posting back and forth. I think you will be able to figure the rest out.

Good luck

Weren't some of the old cables nullmodem? It seems like the pinouts had 2 and 3 switched. Isn't he going to need a PCL manual to "attach control" to the PID loop? It has been a long time for me too. It is a shame he doesn't have an old HP terminal to use instead.

twisted pair,
    I have been looking all over for copies of PCM & UPCM edit software and programming guides. Would you please email me copies of these?
    I have a Yahoo email address posted in my profile.

Thank you,
    boardsmoker

I don't know if this is allowed or not, so I will post the link. If it is not allowed, let me know and I will remove it and send it via email...

http://rapidshare.com/files/14093336...d_PCM_Edit.rar

That is both PCM and UPCM edit.
    NeonHomer
    BAS/BMS Technician/Computer Technician

The definition of cruel joke is when you start work in BAS, and you run into your old T&B employer on the job.

NeonHomer,
    Thanks, I really appreciate you posting the link. I wonder, per chance
    do you have the programming guides or know where to get them?

Thanks again,
    boardsmoker

No, unfortunatley, I dont have them. Someone gave me a copy of the PCM and UPCM edit a while back, and I am just returning the favor....

If someone gets them, let me know, I will put them up on Rapidshare as well...
    NeonHomer

The definition of cruel joke is when you start work in BAS, and you run into your old T&B employer on the job.

Quote Originally Posted by neonhomer View Post
    No, unfortunatley, I dont have them. Someone gave me a copy of the PCM and UPCM edit a while back, and I am just returning the favor....

If someone gets them, let me know, I will put them up on Rapidshare as well...
    Neonhomer,
    I sent these manuals to you, I don't know if they got through okay or not. If you didn't receive them, let me know.
    I'll be happy to send them again.

Thanks for all your help,
    Boardsmoker

If there is no objection, here are the links to these manuals, I don't know how long they will be there, so get it while you can.

Boardsmoker

http://rapidshare.com/files/14538178...-PG-6.pdf.html
    http://rapidshare.com/files/14538178...Guide.PDF.html

If those RS links go down, let me know and I will put them on my RS account...

Yes, I did get them... TYVM...
    NeonHomer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast