Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Looking for Trane UPCMEdit software

All I need to do is add a single AO to my customers existing UPCM. They use to have it on there old laptop computer But, It crashed a serveral years ago, before I started taking care of thier Building and they can't find the old disc. Can some please send me a copy UPCMEdit. I only need it for this one function and they can't afford and I can't justify buying a new set of software just to add one AO

Thanks, Chet

Chet I tried to email you a copy of UPCM Edit but the email bounced back.

I have sent UPCM and PCM edit software many times over the years to people on here asking for it, most of the times that it bounces back is because some ISPs scan the attachment and determine that there is a virus attached. In reality there is a file in the attachment that is a logo file or some goofy file type that the ISPs dont recognize so they bounce it back.

Gmail and hotmail have never gone through for me, hopefully he has some other ISP that will let him download the attachment then he can scan it on his own.
    If you dont stand behind our troops, please feel free...........to stand in front of them.

Hi chillrdude- Do you know of a perfered ISP provider for Trane UPCMEdit software

Hi chillrdude,

Do you know of a perfered ISP provider that works.

Thanks again,
    Chet

Saying its your ISP is probably the wrong terminology actually its your email service, do you have another email provider beside gmail. Most people that I know use gmail or hotmail as a secondary email service so that their primary doesnt get spammed to death.

Send me an email to my hotmail address that is in my profile and we will see what we can come up with.
    If you dont stand behind our troops, please feel free...........to stand in front of them.

I would like to get a copy of that edit software & manual to. If it's not to much trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontrolfreek View Post
    I would like to get a copy of that edit software & manual to. If it's not to much trouble.
    Well just download it. The links are in this thread, and are still hot.

Best regards,
    Boardsmoker

Thanks. I didn't see it.

Att: chillrdude, twisted pair & any fellow member looking to help

I did a google search & found Yahoo will accept Attachments that are executable.(But, Gmail or hotmail won't) So I setup a new Yahoo/rocketmail account.

Please try resending to my new Yahoo/rockeymail email account the copy of UPCM Edit.

At:

Thanks, Chet
    Last edited by jrbenny; 07-19-2008 at 02:46 PM. Reason: removed email

I sent it again and it did not come back, so you should have it. If you need the direct conenct cable pinout let me know.

Thanks, twisted pair

Yes please, I need the direct connect cable pinout. So I take it you have to direct connect to the UPCM to use UPCMEDIT Software.

Plus any and all data on installation, setup and programming using the UPCM Edit software and what it takes to setup my computer to communicate directly to the to the UPCM. (Cabling requirements, do I use the serial port?)

Chet,

I have not worked for Trane in almost 10 years and I have not touched a UPCM in at least 5 years, so give me a little slack I am going by memory. I should get you close.

You need a cable from your laptop serial port to the UPCM RJ-12, it is a standard RS232 connection. You need to set the com port in UPCMEdit. Baud should be 2400.

Once you intsall the software you need to login. At cmd=>login

D – Help and PC Configuration.
    Type D then F2, then E, F2 for PC config. This is wher you set the com port and baud rate.

Then
    A - Select a UPCM
    Type A then F2.

If you do not know the UPCM name type F3 and it will give you a list.
    Once your in the rest will be pretty obvious. If you need more help let me know.

Does this site have a Tracer dumb terminal or BMN or a Tracer Summit workstation?

I believe the UPCM holds 36 points, are you sure you have spare I/O?
    Do you need to create an existing PCL routine or do you need to add a routine? Are you familiar with PCL?

I have the UPCM programming guide as a pdf, but it is on my old laptop. If you need it I will see if I can dig it up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Might think about hosting PCM Edit/UPCM Edit on a service like Rapidshare or something like that....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast