Thread: Generalaire humidifier

Post Likes

Generalaire humidifier

I have a generalaire humidifier hooked up to my new Trane XC95. I run the fan on the furnace 24/7 when not cooling or heating it is set to run at 25% fans speed for circulation. However the water valve on the humidifier stays on all the time and get real hot. I realize that is triggered by the fan being on. Is there another way to wire this so that it runs only when calling for heat? As a side note; it is set to work through the comunicating thermostat that Trane supplied with the furnace which I like the capability to adjust humidity settings from upstairs.

Post Likes
    You should call the person who installed it to correct the problem, if I'm not mistaken their should be a terminal on the board to connect the humidifier to. If not you can wire the wire the solenoid to the C and W terminals on the board and that will only allow the humidifer to run only when the thermostat calls for heat.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in