Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by miki View Post
    It is definitely warm refrigerant migrating from the condenser that has the largest impact. The moment compressor is turned off the pressures are 10PSIG low side, 240PSIG high side, then the pressures slowly equalize - reducing high side and increasing low side.
    This temperature rise does not spoil the products, but confuses the customer.
    I have to see how much it goes up with the products.
    Having a solenoid valve at the capillary inlet, wired in parallel with the compressor and the fan, will stop the refrigerant migration. My concern is the impact on the compressor start-up conditions - will the compressor handle the large unbalanced pressures in long term, will the circuit breaker blow?
    Miki, you sound like you have a decent knowledge of these issues. However, you are missing the boat. The pressures will equalize, as this is the way it is designed. Also, checking any temperature in the air flow is not a correct way of calculating the box temperature. 0 degrees is perfectly acceptable for food products. Using a liquid line solenoid is worthless, for two reasons. The unit is designed for this means, and the migration is not an issue. The real issue is the fact that there is not any problem with this unit. Please do not try to re-engineer this unit unless you have a much better understanding of theory and design. I mean absolutely no harm or offense, I am just trying to help you not justify the situation.
    "Fighting Ignorance since 1973 (It’s taking longer than we thought)." The Straight Dope.

Ummmm...........did anyone mention yet that not having any product in the freezer will have a significant impact on temp rise during the off cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by mdnbiker View Post
    My experience is empty box does not hold cold well
    To simple an answer, nobody read it.

To simple an answer, nobody read it.
    Quote Originally Posted by nwrscold
    How much product is in this freezer? Could have alot to do with how fast air temp. is rising, product should help maintain the box temp.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrbenny
    Somebody has already mentioned this. u need product in the box.
    Two others beat you to it.............don't strain a muscle patting yourself on the back

Maybe there's not enough product in the box?

What happens when the freezer is full? Does it act the same way then? Exhibit the same excessive temperature rise and so forth?
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Won't be any muscle straining here. At least I only misses it twice. I would really look like a dumba$$ if I had missed it three times.

Load the box with product let it run over night to make sure all product is down to temp. A box full of product will hold the box temp in the normal range and all your problems will go AWAY.

Won't be any muscle straining here. At least I only misses it twice. I would really look like a dumba$$ if I had missed it three times.
    Or if you couldn't detect sarcasm when you saw it.................then you'd really look like a moron, wouldn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by markettech View Post
    Or if you couldn't detect sarcasm when you saw it.................then you'd really look like a moron, wouldn't you?
    Yes you would look like a moron.....luckily I can detect sarcasm,hence my reply.
    It would be best for a person who can't take it not to dish it out.

It would be best for a person who can't take it not to dish it out.
    Keep working at it and you'll get there soon enough...........

I've grown tired and bored. I'll permit you to have the last word. Tell the ex I said hello. See ya later cupcake.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12