Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

They're just showing what most of us believe

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/07/...ver/index.html
    Oh my goodness! This picture is very telling. I'll see if I can get a copy to post.
    Seems to me that the New Yorker is only publicizing what a great deal of mainstream Americans actually think.
    Sen. Barack Obama's campaign has sharply criticized The New Yorker magazine over the publication's latest cover illustration, which appears to portray the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee and his wife as terrorist enemies of the United States.
    The New Yorker cover published Sunday shows Barack and Michelle Obama with a flag burning in the fireplace.

The New Yorker cover published Sunday shows Barack and Michelle Obama with a flag burning in the fireplace.

The cover, published Sunday, shows Obama in the Oval Office dressed in traditional Muslim attire. His wife, Michelle, wears an Afro hairstyle and has a machine gun slung over her back. An American flag can be seen burning in the fireplace, and a picture of Osama bin Laden hangs on the wall.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

But he accepts apology from the not so good Rev. Jackson on his comments...

Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/07/...ver/index.html
    Oh my goodness! This picture is very telling. I'll see if I can get a copy to post.
    Seems to me that the New Yorker is only publicizing what a great deal of mainstream Americans actually think.
    Sen. Barack Obama's campaign has sharply criticized The New Yorker magazine over the publication's latest cover illustration, which appears to portray the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee and his wife as terrorist enemies of the United States.

The cover, published Sunday, shows Obama in the Oval Office dressed in traditional Muslim attire. His wife, Michelle, wears an Afro hairstyle and has a machine gun slung over her back. An American flag can be seen burning in the fireplace, and a picture of Osama bin Laden hangs on the wall.

What is so sad about this is that some people are dumb enough to believe it. Wait for the posts on Barack burning flags or is he really a muslum (oops, that one was already posted).

If only the American public would wake up and ignore all the partisan fighting and vote for the candidate they feel will be the best for the country after they have studied their stands on the important issues. Sorry, I guess that's a pipe dream.

It would be so much easier to study stands on important issues if they didn't change according to who is doing the studying that week!
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

I agree with the article that the Obama campaign missed an opportunity here. They could have used a bit of political jujitsu and turned a negative into a positive. Had they praised it as poking fun at all of the misinformation out there it could have deflected it by defining it on their own terms.
    Never knock on Death's door. Ring the bell and run, he hates that.

Views expressed here are my own and not neccessarily those of any company I am affiliated with.

It would be so much easier to study stands on important issues if they didn't change according to who is doing the studying that week!
    Isn't it ironic how the media and the respective campaigns trash the candidates for changing their opinion? Who do we want as the president, a candidate that can change his/her views based on the current situation or one that stays the course no matter what?

??

Taking a stand means having convictions that you can follow through on. Not waffling back and forth according to what group you are in front of which is what I was referring to.
    It's great if someone can update their thoughts and stand on something due to changing information and progress etc. Not great if it's just to appease who you're talking to.

Obama should have a giant afro with a comb stuck in it.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

??

Taking a stand means having convictions that you can follow through on. Not waffling back and forth according to what group you are in front of which is what I was referring to.
    It's great if someone can update their thoughts and stand on something due to changing information and progress etc. Not great if it's just to appease who you're talking to.
    Isn't "waffling" part of the political process? Both current presidential candidates "adjust" their stand and what they say based on who they're addressing. That's how they get votes.

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Obama should have a giant afro with a comb stuck in it.

??? So he can fit some stereotype?

Quote Originally Posted by Remodeltdt01 View Post
    ??? So he can fit some stereotype?
    No, so he can be his own monotype.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Remodeltdt01 View Post
    Isn't it ironic how the media and the respective campaigns trash the candidates for changing their opinion? Who do we want as the president, a candidate that can change his/her views based on the current situation or one that stays the course no matter what?
    If thats what he was doing..I can accept that. But Barack "Hussein" Yomama changes his views according to political polls and what would help him get elected.
    You Liberals are drowning in the Kool-Aid!! Yomama has never ONCE yet stated where he stands on ANY issue. But if you use what brains GOD (yes...I said GOD) has given you, You can see alot in his behavior that more than adequately shows his true beliefs and feelings.

The "New Yorker" has pretty much nailed this commie phony!! Hate it for ya, but yes...the truth sometimes hurts.
    In honor of Murray Woodgate (aka Carnak) 1961 - 2010

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast