How to find out what equipment it is?

Hello All,

I have two systems:

System 1) carrier 38YDB048 with variable speed FE4ANB005 and infinity control.
    System 2) carrier 38YDB048 with variable speed FE4ANB006 and infinity control.

When I go into advance menu in the control and look at the equipment summary in System 2 I see a line for Heater: 9V but I don't see that in System 1.

My questions:
    1) Is that 9V thing the the auxiliary heat KFCIEH2901N09 in System 2?
    2) Does that line not showing in System 1 means that aux heat is not present or could it mean the system in not configured correctly meaning 9V is not configured for this system but it might actually be there in the air handler?

Thanks for the help,
    confusedbuyer

Please help

Guys, please help me. I think I have been cheated. I paid for heat strip for both the systems and I think they gave me heat strip with only one system. Please help me how I can find if I have heat strip in other system or not. See my original post above.

Not all of the heaters are recognized by the controller so they have to be entered manually. Might be just as simple as a phone call to the installing company.

Please forgive me but how do you get this far, with the amount of money involved to where you would be concerned about the company's honesty?

Quote Originally Posted by adrianf View Post
    Not all of the heaters are recognized by the controller so they have to be entered manually. Might be just as simple as a phone call to the installing company.

Please forgive me but how do you get this far, with the amount of money involved to where you would be concerned about the company's honesty?
    Thanks Adrianf for your response.

I went through the installation menu for the Infinity control and it didn't look like there is a way to enter that manually. Control identifies by itself what all equipment is attached. I ran the auto identify again but that still does not show me the heat strip.

Now to answer how I got so far to suspecting. Here is a three year old thread from when the house was being built which shows the mental agony and butt load of money I had to spend and after all that I still didn't get the system I originally selected.

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....1&pagenumber=1

I will give you the gist here if you don't want to follow that long thread. I will try to be as brief as I can:

1) Since the builder chooses the installer I had no option to go with other installer and the guy didn't play nice knowing I can't go anywhere.
    2) He way oversized the system (2 x 4 ton = 8 tons) for 3400 SFT two story home. When I wanted to go with one 4 ton and one 3 ton A/C he said they both will cost me the same. dash (Professional member on this forum) came up with max 2.5 tons for second floor.
    3) He switched the air handler from the original contract. Contract said FE4ANB006 and he installed FE4ANF005 because of which we lost approx .5 SEER and he also didn't give me any refund.
    4) They installed damaged condensing unit and when I threatened builder that I won't close on the house is when they installed a new unit.
    5) Recently when I wanted to program my thermostat and it wouldn't program because they had disabled the programming in the advance menu which is hidden (not mentioned in user manual). They charged me to come out and enable that stating that it was user error. Its not user error because user manual does not show how to get to advance menu. Now I know and that is how I was able to look at the equipment summary.

Please help me if you can.

Thanks.

On start up it ask for items it doesn't read. You need to know whats in the unit to be able to input that info. You should have the installing company out for that.

I really think you need to find another service company because it sounds like the relationship has gone to he$$.

On start up it ask for items it doesn't read. You need to know whats in the unit to be able to input that info. You should have the installing company out for that.

I really think you need to find another service company because it sounds like the relationship has gone to he$$.
    I also paid for extended part warranty: 10 year system and 5 year controller. Now do you think that warranty is from Carrier and can be used with any other certified installer (in which case I can switch service co.) or it could be from the installer ?

You should get a copy of the warranty from Carrier and yes you can re-assign your primary provider. You should communicate your interest to the other company before you do it though.

You should get a copy of the warranty from Carrier and yes you can re-assign your primary provider. You should communicate your interest to the other company before you do it though.
    I am sorry I am asking for such hand holding.

Back when the system was installed I asked the installer for any warranty paper work but he said there is no such thing and to just call in if there is any issue. How should I proceed? Should I call carrier's local office?

Here in Florida the warranties are an insurance product and they cannot be sold willy nilly by contractors. I would go ahead and ring up Carrier at this point. But if it's not a factory warranrty and your state doesn't regulate this activity than you need someone eles's input.

Here in Florida you have the right to ask for your money back for the unused period of coverage the same as you would for your home/auto insurance. See Florida isn't all bad.

Here in Florida the warranties are an insurance product and they cannot be sold willy nilly by contractors. I would go ahead and ring up Carrier at this point. But if it's not a factory warranrty and your state doesn't regulate this activity than you need someone eles's input.

Here in Florida you have the right to ask for your money back for the unused period of coverage the same as you would for your home/auto insurance. See Florida isn't all bad.
    Thanks adrianf for your help.

I too am in FL. I will call up Carrier and find out.

Well if your contractor isn't registered and bonded to sell extended service agreements he will get his pee pee whacked if the state gets wind of it. This might get your money back.
    Last edited by adrianf; 07-15-2008 at 11:36 AM.