The local "country club"

This is a job we're doing out at the local golf course. The unit in the pics was on the bar before we moved it. We originally bid two units for the building, one to replace an old GE in the banquet room and one for a small game room on the other end of the building. Someone got the intelligent idea to move the unit from the bar to the game room (which previously had no central air) and put a new unit on the bar. Despite our advice and other's against it, they voted to do it anyway, instead of putting the new one on the game room and leaving the bar unit alone till it quit. Now they have a 12 year old piece of junk 5 ton unit on a room that's probably not even 800 sqft. What can you do; the customer is "always right."

The previous install was done by a former local hack and was less than perfect. He also put the metal roof on the building. There's hardly any bracing down to the old roof and there's about two feet at the peak that isnt supported at all. He also extended the exhaust fan duct for the kitchen with flex duct.

Nice and clean; the coil really looks good.

Zach

I Really hope that the other end of the broken and sagging heat strip coil doesn't have any power to it as if it does either that portion of the strip will be on 24/7 or the chassis will be live depending on whether or not the unit is properly grounded.
    In my neck of the woods to most people "Maintenance" equals cursing at and/or kicking something when it breaks down.

To get the degree symbol ° on Windows hold down the Alt key and type 0176 on the keyboard number pad. It is also available via the character map, and on Windows 8.1 devices with a touchscreen via the on screen keyboard.

If you are the type where the painting is more important than the frame, or you just like movies, join me in listening to the widescreen.org podcast.

Ah, yes. We spare no expense here at Bushwood......
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Quote Originally Posted by danielthechskid View Post
    I Really hope that the other end of the broken and sagging heat strip coil doesn't have any power to it as if it does either that portion of the strip will be on 24/7 or the chassis will be live depending on whether or not the unit is properly grounded.
    Yup, saw that before.
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by tunnel_rat View Post
    Ah, yes. We spare no expense here at Bushwood......

I was thinking the exact same line while reading this....LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by danielthechskid View Post
    It was already disconnected, I made sure.
    Zach

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4freak View Post
    It was already disconnected, I made sure.

Should have bidded a cleaning and heat strip re-string along with move.
    I'm sure they would have gladly accepted it.

Now they have a 12 year old piece of junk 5 ton unit on a room that's probably not even 800 sqft. What can you do; the customer is "always right."
    LOL! Damn. Looks like they spared no expense when they selected the equipment in the first place. They should feel lucky it still runs. But not for long!
    True Heavy Metal Geek