Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trane XR12 Cleaning Plugged Condenser

I am having a terrible time trying to clean the cotton from a local cottonwood tree out of my condenser coils. I can't figure out how to even get at the coil by removing the side panels. I have the top (including the fan) off and there seems to be some secret to open up the side panels. I tried to use a hose to spray back through the fins but that just doesn't work. Can anyone tell me how I get the side panels off so I can clean the cotton from the coil? It is really PLUGGED big time with cotton and works constantly to cool a small house. Cotton was bad this year, maturing tree.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Call a A/C company

[QUOTE=cp633;1924774].

You should call a pro before something get broken and even worst you get hurt. Their is more to just cleanning condersor.
    Do it right the first time.

Not for a job the faint hearted.
    And the proper way, if done wrong, will do harm.

Call a sevice company.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

My old Lennox was relatively easy to clean and when I pre-emptively replaced it after more than 20 years it was still working as good as ever. I stupidly didn't ask how to clean the Trane before I had it installed four years ago.

I called the person that installed it, a long-time Trane dealer, and got a no show - twice. It's probably too dirty a job. As I've waited long enough (it's July 13th), I'm going to do it myself. I am not completely without skill. I just don't want to damage the panels as I remove them or as I replace them. I believe there is likely to be a detailed procedure. I just don't have a service manual or guide with those details and I haven't been able to find anything on line yet.

Thanks,

You wont find anything in a manual for the equipment. Sounds like you need to hire a new service company. Even if you manage to clean the cotton out without damaging your unit. There is more that needs to be done to service it. Call a tech, and not the lazy bums who won't show up, I agree with you, that is ridiculous, apparently they dont want to be in business.

Quote Originally Posted by cp633 View Post
    I'm going to do it myself. I am not completely without skill.

I am not completely without skill. I just don't want to damage the panels as I remove them or as I replace them. I believe there is likely to be a detailed procedure. I just don't have a service manual or guide with those details and I haven't been able to find anything on line yet.

Thanks,

No pricing, no DIY, please read Site Rules, Thank you.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

call a pro.

Trane coils require extreme care and special cleaning skills to get them clean.

You should not be blastin water through the coils. You will do damamge. You shouldn't even be takin the thing apart. You could do serious damage.

Call a pro. Yours didn't show. Then find a new one. But you gotta get a pro to come do it.
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Job Done.

Job completed. Not that hard, just dirty. Equipment works normal. So glad it's done though.

Been there, done that, wrong place, wrong country, wrong sacrifice, not war, just occupation. Gotta get the real guys. Throw the liars out. Don't need a hyper-flip flopper in next. The only change we'll get by voting the same party in again is more of the same but much worse. I sure hope the country doesn't go bankrupt in the mean time.

Thanks again,

You will have to get the side pannels off, then I like to use a fin comb first to get all the cotton off, then the condenser needs soaked with coil cleaner and thoroughly rinsed. Call a professional.

Tiger 93

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger93rsl View Post
    You will have to get the side pannels off, then I like to use a fin comb first to get all the cotton off, then the condenser needs soaked with coil cleaner and thoroughly rinsed. Call a professional.
    Have you read the rules and you are in the business. This is not a DIYs site. It is written right on top of just about every page. You as a so called professional are not helping. The moderators will give you **** just like I did, but 10 times worst.

Are YOU Alright

Been there, done that, wrong place, wrong country, wrong sacrifice, not war, just occupation. Gotta get the real guys. Throw the liars out. Don't need a hyper-flip flopper in next. The only change we'll get by voting the same party in again is more of the same but much worse. I sure hope the country doesn't go bankrupt in the mean time.

Thanks again,[/QUOTE]

Did you forget to take medication sir. Dial 911 if you continue to think like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cp633 View Post
    Job completed. Not that hard, just dirty. Equipment works normal. So glad it's done though.

Thanks again,
    Where in the heck did this come from! Why did he go off on some tangent about the country and its future! Did I miss something? I think he may have punctured the condenser coil while working and inhaled too much refrigerant.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger93rsl View Post
    Please read through the following rules and instructions.

1. Who Is Welcome Here?

Anyone in the HVAC industry and home or building owners with HVAC/R concerns and other polite and fun people that are willing to contribute.

Feel free to ask any question relating to HVAC, or other topics of general interest except DIY.

At the same time, be polite and respectful in your answers. We welcome questions so please don't be critical of someone's question, or other member's answers.

Any reply that we feel violates this rule will be edited or deleted.

All members must treat other members with respect. Anyone who posts defamatory, insulting or otherwise disrespectful comments towards others in the HVAC industry will find their posts deleted and possibly their posting privileges suspended or revoked.

Any member that becomes belligerent, argumentative, posts smart-ass comments or requires too much attention of the moderators will lose their posting privileges.

Note that while all are welcome, our primary interest is in serving the HVAC Pro.

HVAC Pros, please note; home owners are welcome to ask questions here, if you do not wish to be helpful that is fine but do not intimidate, obstruct or criticize those that wish to be more helpful than you. If you do not like a particular thread or topic, do not reply.

2. Do-It-Yourselfers - not here.

This site is for industry professionals and folks seeking HVAC/R advice and knowledge. Please do not ask for step by step instructions on purchasing, installing or repairing your own HVAC equipment, that is our job and our livelihood. We are generous, but not to a fault.

Questions of this type will not be answered and may be deleted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast