Hybrid View

Condensate Pan Overflow Switch Wiring Question

I have a Safe-T-Switch Model SS2 overflow switch installed in the pan of both of our Carrier upstairs/downstairs air exchangers. The switch is wired to turn off the whole system --- compressor and fan --- when the switch detects excess water in the pan. I was told I can re-wire the switch to turn off the compressor but leave the fan on. That seems like a better use of the switch since the fan would still circulate air through the evaporator and eventually remove some of the condensate.

I suspect this is a simple re-wiring. Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Must58GT View Post
    I have a Safe-T-Switch Model SS2 overflow switch installed in the pan of both of our Carrier upstairs/downstairs air exchangers. The switch is wired to turn off the whole system --- compressor and fan --- when the switch detects excess water in the pan. I was told I can re-wire the switch to turn off the compressor but leave the fan on. That seems like a better use of the switch since the fan would still circulate air through the evaporator and eventually remove some of the condensate.

I suspect this is a simple re-wiring. Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
    quickly,step away from the unit and call a tech,we do not offer any DIY
    sorry
    The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.

we need a few more sheep dogs to keep barking at the wolves,and the stupid sheep

A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Did you see this at the top of the page?

Residential HVAC Questions and discussions pertaining to HVAC for the home. No pricing, no DIY, please read Site Rules Register

You were given correct information. It is in fact a very simple re-wire job, ten minutes, max. Knowing what wires to connect and disconnect is where the skill comes in . We just can't spell it out in the open forums. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    You were given correct information. It is in fact a very simple re-wire job, ten minutes, max. Knowing what wires to connect and disconnect is where the skill comes in . We just can't spell it out in the open forums. Sorry.
    my email address is must58gt at gmail dot com