Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On the side

On the side

I work for a private college 13 yrs hvac+r, we currently have like 42 buildings an 3 techs,,we sub out some jobs based on time...but my bro just took a district managers job for a large pizza chain, and ask me if i would work on or check their units..dont no if i need a contractors license and its in another state then witch i live, he stated they would pay me how i wanted, cash check ect ect...we have unlimited OT pretty much..at work so dont no if it be worth the aggrevation even tho i surely could use the $..any thoughts on this.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mrcyber07 View Post
    I work for a private college 13 yrs hvac+r, we currently have like 42 buildings an 3 techs,,we sub out some jobs based on time...but my bro just took a district managers job for a large pizza chain, and ask me if i would work on or check their units..dont no if i need a contractors license and its in another state then witch i live, he stated they would pay me how i wanted, cash check ect ect...we have unlimited OT pretty much..at work so dont no if it be worth the aggrevation even tho i surely could use the $..any thoughts on this.....

What ya gonna do when something happens and there is an insurance claim?

My opinion? Side jobbers screw up our industry.

bad idea
    If your going to do a pizza chain you can't do that as side work.
    impossible. forget about it

Or you could get liscense and insurance and go for it

Thumbs up hey

side jobbers are goood, if they are in the trade and know what hell they are doing lol.. we can alll use side work and money,,, especially in the summer when the demand is high.. at least i can

Quote Originally Posted by raidersfan7 View Post
    side jobbers are goood, if they are in the trade and know what hell they are doing lol.. we can alll use side work and money,,, especially in the summer when the demand is high.. at least i can
    re read Hey bob's post about insurance

yo

lol sorrry man tooo early in the morninggggggggg

Quote Originally Posted by raidersfan7 View Post
    lol sorrry man tooo early in the morninggggggggg
    I've done side work too .
    was'nt such a great idea. but hey do what you gotta do to survive is what I say.

No insurance...

Price slashing...

Parts "borrowing"...

I can't think of one good reason a legitimate business owner would allow moonlighting.

I catch my guys doing it and it's instant termination.

They are paid fairly and have plenty of work.

Those who do it see the opportunity to make the difference between what we would charge for a repair and what they make and assume it's mostly profit...one bad experience and they'll see just where that profit go's.

ok i understand the insurance an responsabilty, where i work says its ok to work on side based on what they pay us....but i dont understand heybobs comment about how iam going to ruin the industry...from 1 tech to another...

on no here we go. another side jobber thread

what you gonna do when your at work at your job and the pizza place needs something immediately. ????

I know this is not the response's you were hoping for . but it's the truth

Hmm

find a reputable hvac co in the yellow pages

already seems like a consences that iam not a honest person,, price slashing parts,,,not to mention tools witch i have my own...just was asking a ?..could use extra $ for i have a family to raise like most do..just didnt no about contractor lisence.. an insurance issues...but i do honest days work for honest days pay.....lol this is fun...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast