Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Either you got a lemon, or the evap coil was o.k. and they replaced it thinking that was where it was leaking since that's where most leaks are found.

Well they came out yesterday and said when the employee replaced the coil he didn't seal the copper pipe and it's been leaking slowly ever since then. He showed me the bubbles and said that employee wasn't there any longer. Then he put some freon in and said his helper lived close by and would check in a few days and left.

It wasn't cooling. I waited an hour and called yet again. I was put on the phone with the guy that came out and he said wait till morning and if it was still not cooling call again. Now their leaving and it isn't even fixed. I called and about lost it. They gave me the sales manager and he apologized and sent someone else out to put more freon in it. I am just so bummed about this whole situation. It's working today. Yes, I did have labor costs covered in my 10 yr. service contract but geez, in one month of using the cooling system with a brand new hp I have spent a lot of time sweating.

Thank you to all of you that have taken the time to help me. I mean it. It's hard to be a single woman who knows nothing about this stuff and not know if I'm being taken advantage of because they know it or if this is sort of how it sometimes goes.... which is what the sales manager says. I do believe anyone would be upset after this many breakdowns on a new system after spending this much money.

if it breaks down again, even though your within the first year of installation, i would call American standard ask them if

you can get a different company involved and see what they say. allthough we all hope your problem is fixxed for good

once you get past a year of operation you do have the right to get a different company out there as long as

you did purchase the factory extended warranty you should have an "AS" at the top of your warranty form

which means any authorized American Standard dealer can work on the equipment!

So did they fix the leak?

If they didn't, its just going to leak out again.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Hi,

They did fix the leak...why they didn't put enough freon in the system I don't know but the service man that came later yesterday made the comment that he could understand how the pressure confused the other guy. Something about this being a new 2 cycle system I think and a lot of them not knowing how it really works yet. But the man that didn't put enough freon in was also the same man that said it needed a new coil and I still question if it really did need that new coil given that it only worked overnight with the new coil and it all leaked out again and it was the a leak on the outside unit. I heard it myself so I know it was really a leak out there. I think it was just that one leak that has caused all this upset....and all the rest has been because people either didn't know what they were doing or did and didn't care. We all make mistakes but this has been one after another if in fact this was just one little leak on an outside unit causing all the rest of this.

I did look at my contract and although it didn't say "as" on the front it does say in the fine print on the back that I can change service company's at anytime. I just have to notify them and follow their procedure to do it, so that's great to know because I really have about lost any faith I had that this company knows what they are doing....or at least some of their employee's. It's a shame too because some of these guys have been so nice and you just know they really do feel bad they have to keep coming back.

its not very often you can hear a leak. that is a good sized leak. glad they got it fixed for you.
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money,that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action"- George Washington

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12