+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flooding freezer-Need Hepl!

Post Likes
    Given the prameters of the post, frozen starved coil freezer not working
    mechanic has cranked the valve trying to do whatever he thought was correct yet the unit shown in the picture still is starved It is correct to change out the valve.
    I also believe if a costomer calls you for a freezer call (not working) and you surmize like the mechanic in the post the txv is causing the problem and again given the picture of the coil in question adjustment is not the answer.
    A new valve is.

I'd like to know if ice is forming on the inside if the valve stem cap pushing down on the stem, I have had this problem with one manifacturer of txv
    it gets ice on the inside of the cap and pushes on the adjustment stem acting like a partial restriction with a goodly pressure drop across the coil and a small freon leak at the stem itself. After the first occurance the stem leaks and again pressure builds under the cap causing the valve to close artifically.
    Oh I still belive if a txv nees adjustment (the cause of the service call) it will be replaced
    This has worked for me for 23 years now, I see no cause for worry
    Plus it will fix the problem (remember we are talking about a tweek of a valve causing the call) Sell the valve get the service call and the customer will be happy in the end as you fixed the problem and fixed it in his mind by changing a defective part. Opposed to making several adjustments eating a ****load of your time collecting only for labor and the customer wondering if you really did fix it or did you just futz around with it to get it going again.
    That is just the way I see it and it has worked well for me adn for just selling parts that is not what we are talking about here it is the TXV adjust or not as to the picture in the post and common sense of business. just my two cents worth

Post Likes

Confused

ttriffic02,
    Still curious on how you test a valve plate by feeling the head as you explained in a previous post (#4 of your checklist)?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by nwrscold View Post
    ttriffic02,
    Still curious on how you test a valve plate by feeling the head as you explained in a previous post (#4 of your checklist)?

check the heads on the compressor by touching them, if one is cooler or cold a valve plate is leaking by or broken all together. So many things so few words.

Could you please school me on this method of testing a valve plate?In my 20
    + year's I have never herd of that. So nwrscold we think alike.I would also
    like to hear the awnser to that one.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

Post Likes
    To give an update TXVs were changed out on 2 of the 3 coils in question there is a third unit to be done. Suction pressure at -20f and 10f superheat. These are working beautiful!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jangles View Post
    To give an update TXVs were changed out on 2 of the 3 coils in question there is a third unit to be done. Suction pressure at -20f and 10f superheat. These are working beautiful!!
    I do love a happy ending
    Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from. Al Franken, "Oh, the Things I Know", 2002

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jangles View Post
    Good for you. As for the third one which through a rod. You got a handle on that?
    FEN

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by the mojo View Post
    Good for you. As for the third one which through a rod. You got a handle on that?
    Well, there is some politics involved there. These units are 2 months off of warranty. They were installed and commissioned by my company but another company had originally got the job but were too busy to do it. They gave us the equipment and told us to do it. Big Wigs are sorting it all out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in