Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stumped!

Your criticism of my diagnosis reflects an unsound technical background.

if it's a TXV system, could be a plugged equalizer.
    Doug

I concur

It has an orifice, yes evap coil has been cleaned and fins on fan do not have any dust or buildup of any kind on them.

Evacuated system, checked orifice and it was full of dirt, cleaned orifice, installed new filter dryers and system works like a charm now! thanks to everybody's opinion i have learned a couple of good lessons trying to figure out this units problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jogalloway View Post
    Evacuated system, checked orifice and it was full of dirt, cleaned orifice, installed new filter dryers and system works like a charm now! thanks to everybody's opinion i have learned a couple of good lessons trying to figure out this units problem.
    Good Job!
    "It's always controls"

big john air

i'm not a professional but i play one every day. check your blower cage for cleanliness. you will probabilly find it is filthy. apartment tenants are the worst about running a unit filterless and then getting mad later at everybody else when it stops cooling. if you don't know how to go about cleaning the blower then just ask me. i remember when i was a rookie there were plenty of smart ass veterans out there and looking at some of the responses given to you i see there still plentyful.
    Help!! 2.5 Ton Goodman Heat Pump, when unit first turns on in cool, the suction psi is between 35-45psi, head pressure is between 125-150psi. These pressures hold steady at those psi's for 15-25 mins then both pressures slowly start rising and steady off at 70-75 low and 250-270 high depending on conditions. Problem is if pressures do not start rising fast enough sometimes unit will start freezing at evaporator. Unit does not freeze all the time just sometimes very infrequent. The air filter is clean, evaporator is clean, condensor is clean and evap. fan is running good on high speed. Could I have a restriction at the orifice, but usually the circumstances are the reverse of what i am finding. Any thoughts would be appreciated. The compressor was replaced in April 08 and has been running good up until about a week ago.

if in doubt replace unit

Huh? Dirt? How'd that get there? Filter/dryer.....s? How many? Where?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123