Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stumped!

Twilli - cloroflorocarbon

Right?
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Appreciate it skw, will get my post count up and apply for pro cause i have alot of questions ha ha, my supervisor is just a manager so he really only cares about how much it will cost to repair, and the other maint. tech is as green as i am, so i really dont have anybody else to ask questions! The company i work for "supposedly" has a regional guy that i aam to ask any A/c questions but I have called him about 10 times in the last couple of months and he hasnt returned any calls. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by twilli3967 View Post
    Twilli says whats CFC?
    ColdFreonCrap, CandyFlavoredCotton, CrapFlavoredCookies, CantFindCrap, CertifiedFunkinClown, CentralFunkinCommitee. I dont know help me.
    "It's always controls"

Quote Originally Posted by Jogalloway View Post
    Appreciate it skw, will get my post count up and apply for pro cause i have alot of questions ha ha, my supervisor is just a manager so he really only cares about how much it will cost to repair, and the other maint. tech is as green as i am, so i really dont have anybody else to ask questions! The company i work for "supposedly" has a regional guy that i aam to ask any A/c questions but I have called him about 10 times in the last couple of months and he hasnt returned any calls. Thanks again!
    You should really consider taking some classes to further yourself in the field. Do you guys use reclaimers and micron gages?
    Buy American! The job you save may be your own.

Ive got a couple of classes coming up this fall, intro to ref. and comfort cooling at local tech school. We have most tools vacuum pump, gauges, micron gauges, recovery machine, recovery cylinders, scales, ox-acytelene torch, a fieldpiece sh/sc meter. Problem is trying to learn on the fly and under pressure without a more expierenced person to ask questions. i have done pretty good by reading as much hvac material as i can find but that cant replace expierence and all the little tips and tricks you cant find in a book.

Recover charge. And weigh it back in.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

You either have an air flow issue or a leak that needs to be repaired, assuming an R22 system.

Best thing to do is to get a good evaluation from a reputable company and pay them to fix the problem. Easy as pie. Find a company tha guarantees their work the first time and let them figure it out.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by diverdan View Post
    You either have an air flow issue or a leak that needs to be repaired, assuming an R22 system.

Best thing to do is to get a good evaluation from a reputable company and pay them to fix the problem. Easy as pie. Find a company tha guarantees their work the first time and let them figure it out.
    It is amazing that you are able to diagnose that with so little information. Uh hire a company to do your job for you, brilliant why did I not think of that. You need to be careful not to lead a person in the wrong direction, it can be very costly to both the customer and the contractor. Not trying to be mean but try to get all of the info before you take blind stabs at the problem, it is kind of like defrosting a freezer with an ice pick.
    "It's always controls"

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Recover charge. And weigh it back in.
    Agreed as long as everything else is in proper order.
    "It's always controls"

Quote Originally Posted by twilli3967 View Post
    Twilli says whats CFC?
    Cant fix correctly

From everything i have gathered, I do not think it is a airflow problem. I am going to recover, open and check orifice, install a new filter drier and sight glass which it does not have now, weigh in charge and see what happens. Thanks skw and beenthere, hope to get to pic your brain more when i qualify for pro board!

Quote Originally Posted by Jogalloway View Post
    Thanks guys, compressor was changed in april 08, no problems until last week, lady called office and said she had ice all over filter, another tech checked the first time and said filter was dirty and low charge, he changed filter and charged unit. Lady calls back to the office on thursday of this week and said it was froze again. i checked this time, let unit thaw, turned on cool, hooked gauges up and had 38psi low and 130 psi high, thought to myself we have a leak, walked to shop to get nitrogen etc and other tools, returned to unit about 20 mins later and i had 72 psi low and 250 psi high. Condensor was pulling some major heat out, i cussed to myself a little bit, evap. fan was set to run low speed, I installed black wire from motor to control board to run at high speed you could feel and hear the change in motor when I started back up, cleaned evap. coil and condensor, thought to myself that fan was on low speed was the problem. Turned unit back on, check gauges and it was doing the same thing as before. Been keeping check on unit since friday and it is cooling but just a matter of time before conditions are right to cause it to freeze up again and the lady can yell at me again. Ha Ha
    I would replace the evap fan relay..had that happen more than once. It sounds like you are on the right track with the air handler.

You say the evap coil is clean...have you cleaned it or are you only saying it looks clean?

How clean are the indoor blower wheel vanes? If you cleaned the evap coil but missed the vanes, you're not done yet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast