Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Tracer gas approach, well I am going to compare my approach to

ASTM D6245, D1356,D3249,E741

(I feel like Larry the Cable Guy)... are you accusing me of having brain damage ??

Quote Originally Posted by Carnak View Post
    So then it is probable that levels of CO2 that the CIH types worry about are not detrimental enough to cause brain damage as you sound fairly articulate.
    ("I feel like Larry the Cable Guy")... are you accusing me of having brain damage???

Quote Originally Posted by kenny mac View Post
    ("I feel like Larry the Cable Guy")... are you accusing me of having brain damage???
    no, you sound smart, you said you followed 62.2 but you have less fresh air then 62.2 assumes,so it proves that CO2 does not cause brain damage
    Last edited by Carnak; 07-14-2008 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by garymunson View Post
    No one in the foam business seems to want to answer what does happen when a roof leak occurs. Every sample of foam I've seen will not allow any water to pass through it. It also forms a very good bond to the roof decking and trusses...they push it as a hurricane resistant feature here in FL. One...roof leaks will occur...two, you'll never know it..until maybe you fall through a rotted deck or a rotted truss collapses. Any foam people want to engage in a discussion about this issue?
    Just go outside and look for the missile sticking through the roof after the hurricane and you will find the source of your leak

At least you will still have a ceiling.

Your neighbour with a vented attic will lose his ceiling before the roof fails with a major storm as water will blow up into the soffit vents, saturate your insulation and bring down your ceilings. That is a fact jack and not a 'what if'

Quote Originally Posted by RomulanSpy View Post
    Right now I doubt seriously if even have R-19 in the attic. TVA and other outfits say that I should max out at R-49 for Northern Mississippi.

The quote on the foam is 3x as much as the blow in, but still wondering if bringing cellulose up to say R-30 and 5" of foam would be better or overkill.
    A sealed attic with about R20 sprayed on the underside of the deck, with any gable walls insulated will outperform R49.

R49 is just going to filter the hot humid air as it passes through to the conditioned space below.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345