Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Pics of install - let the comments fly

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    A reputable company would check the alignment to the moon also. And include moving one or the other to make it perfect.
    a reputable company wont just move the disconnect, they will bid the job to move the whole house 8" over so the disconnect isnt so close.

Post Likes
    The combustion air intake need to be piped in outdoors, I've seen way too many contractors pull this crap, you need to get that fixed you just droped your efficency way down.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by second opinion View Post
    NEC 110.26 Space about electrical equipment. Minimum clear distance, condition #1,#2,#3 is 36 inches
    OK, so all they, (the reputable company) need to do now is move the cond 36" straight out away from the wall.

Problem solved.

Post Likes

Talking

Well that, and dont forget about the moon alignment.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by aintitfun View Post
    Well that, and dont forget about the moon alignment.
    That wasn't my first choice tho. My first choice was to paint the DC the same color and pattern as the bricks, then hang a picture of a DC down the wall a bit.

BUT, if we have to deal with the moon, THEN FINE, we'll move the freakin moon, lmao. If we bring the moon in close enough, maybe it will eventually slide the CU over a bit the same way it affects the tides.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger93rsl View Post
    you just droped your efficency way down.

explain why and how.

Post Likes
    The combustion air intake need to be piped in outdoors, I've seen way too many contractors pull this crap, you need to get that fixed you just droped your efficency way down.
    And how did the efficiency drop because he's pulling garage air?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DPSwitch View Post
    Most of it is housekeeping issues with a few exceptions. The gas line I wouldn't leave like that long enough to walk to the truck. Some things the other guys mentioned I didn't pick up on myself so I learned something.

I would just suggest to the OP that what you are witnessing in this thread is how we collectively push each other to a higher level in what we do. There isn't quite as much malice here as it might seem. This is what we do, then we all come out of the woodwork to try to help each other in a bind... I see it over and over.
    does that mean i don't need help? i feel so relieved.
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money,that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action"- George Washington

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by smittyii View Post
    does that mean i don't need help? i feel so relieved.
    There have been a few issues raised I think should be addressed.

Post Likes
    well, it is a definite improvement over the banned Ultravent

Post Likes

condensate drain line

Quote Originally Posted by acobra289 View Post
    Assuming you don't want to keep your reasons secret, is there anything that can be brought to the attention of the company to have it corrected? Or are your reasons based on cosmetic issues?

As for the disconnect box, if it passes inspection, great, If not, it doesn't seem that big of a deal to move it to where it needs to be.

Concerning the condensate drain freezing during winter, what is the usual solution to this problem? My last furnace was an 80, so I have not dealt with this before.

Any other issues I need to bring to their attention?

Thanks.
    the drain line 1/2 inch plastice pipe shoud be used from condensate pump must be drain into the sump pump or sink otherwise it woild freeze up in the winter time

Post Likes

not really

not it doest have to be piped outside its called direct venting use inside air for combustion it does not affect the efficiency of the unit

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in