Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    O so we can we chalk that up as a good thing about the install?
    Maybe the garden hose was included as part of the job.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    Maybe the garden hose was included as part of the job.

Yes, maybe your right and depending on what he paid for the job the garden hose might be hooked up to a tank of KY.
    O man I did not really say that did I?
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Yes, maybe your right and depending on what he paid for the job the garden hose might be hooked up to a tank of KY.
    O man I did not really say that did I?
    It's okay Bill. It's late and it's Friday.

Actually... it's Saturday. Now I'm really going to sleep.

Sloppy unproffesional job. Wiring issues, line set looks like ass, gas line not well supported, duct looks way too small, no filter access outside the unit the list could go on. Was this a Home Depot sale ? Also, the venting on the old Rheem, Was that plastic ??
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Quote Originally Posted by jpb2 View Post
    Was this a Home Depot sale ? Also, the venting on the old Rheem, Was that plastic ??
    Not a home depot sale. And before anyone suggest it was a low bid, it absolutely was NOT. The old furnace vent was the recalled plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by model m-man View Post
    How much clearance is there between the wall and the unit? Looks too close from the pic..
    12 1/2 inches. I guess this one is on me as I did the block pad. I told the installer that the plastic pad didn't need to be centered on blocks and to move it as far away from the wall as need be. He said it was okay how it was. It could be moved another 2 or 3 inches away from wall if needed.

Keep in mind.

That some people did their first install text book perfect, and evey install since has also been text book perfect.

So they expect everything to be text book perfect.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Brother the job looks decent, I hope put on your thick skin before posting some of these guys are worse than movie critics, don't you wish you could sneak up on one of there jobs after finishing? IMO "ALL" jobs could have been done a little better, the main thing is and this is truly the only thing that really makes a difference, "Are You Happy"
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Keep in mind.

That some people did their first install text book perfect, and every install since has also been text book perfect.

So they expect everything to be text book perfect.

Man Brother I think some of me is rubbing off on you, I don't know if thats good or bad.

Man Brother I think some of me is rubbing off on you, I don't know if thats good or bad.
    LOL..

Could be a combination of both.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    We don't do a lot of furnaces,the only thing I'd change is the way each return enters the furnace.May not be an issue ,but lower static would be gained,but may not be needed,can't tell from here.

Have the static checked,is the best advice .
    His return duct's look more restrictive than mine and I have high static pressure.

I agree that is the best advice.... to get the static pressure checked to make sure you are getting the CFM's out and not shortening the life of the motor....

Key1

ughhhhhhhhhh........i haven't been coming here a long time but one thing is for sure.....i can't stand these type of threads.........just a bunch of desk jockeys killing some guys work....some may enjoy making themselves feel better by picking apart some other guys work apart.....constructive criticism i can see but nit picking it to death when the customer has no complaints is a waste of time IMHO.
    "The things you own end up owning you. "

Tyler Durden

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    If it wasn't on a positive pressure drain, and ran further then it does, it would be a concern.
    But it is a concern. You and I can not dictate that for the life of that furnace that the condensate drain will always be positive or trapped with water or any other condition, as odd and far fetched as it may seem, that may happen in it's life expentacy or lack of maintenance.

The drain is even more positive if the trap is dry, say, during winter. The furnace drain is also a positive source because it's directly inline with the draft inducer in some way or manner.

Therefore there is a one to one mechanical connection, which doesn't and shouldn't be there.

Maybe it's a one in a million chance but allowing the condensate drain to be mechanically connected to the furnace drain allows for that one in a million time when things don't go according to the book or our theories.

A simple air gap between the two lines after the condensate trap will solve that problem. Or run the two seperately.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Most of it is housekeeping issues with a few exceptions. The gas line I wouldn't leave like that long enough to walk to the truck. Some things the other guys mentioned I didn't pick up on myself so I learned something.

I would just suggest to the OP that what you are witnessing in this thread is how we collectively push each other to a higher level in what we do. There isn't quite as much malice here as it might seem. This is what we do, then we all come out of the woodwork to try to help each other in a bind... I see it over and over.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast