Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    What size furnace and A/C?

Is there a return drop on both sides of the furnace?

Quote Originally Posted by snupytcb View Post
    looks good. where does the air filter go?
    I saw them messing with a filter, but they never actually showed me exactly where it went. I'm going to assume it's behind the furnace door with the knobs on it. I guess I need to check on that, huh. lol

Quote Originally Posted by t527ed View Post
    violates electrical code and will not pass inspection around here.

did they get permits??
    some times great customer service means blowing off the code. i wouldn't want to be the one to tell the h.o. he wasted half a day making up a pretty pad cause he put it in the wrong place. i'd fire any hand that did tell him. nice install, excellent equipment.
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money,that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force;like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action"- George Washington

Ducts look nice and large.

Was a static Pressure measurment done?

Key1

Quote Originally Posted by amd View Post
    How come the combustion air intake doesn't terminate outside?
    I don't know. I had asked them before the install if there was going to be an air intake from the outside and they said it was not needed in a garage.

The city has not inspected it yet. I assume if it's not up to code they will let the installing company know.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/f...9/100_3140.jpg

Is the pipe in this photo for the furnace exhaust?

Sometimes installers use electrical tape outside when zip ties would be better. You could always get some black zip ties at a hardware store down the road if the electrical tape goes bad.

All things considered, I think it looks pretty good for the most part... There's a difference between looks and performance, as well as code.
    Yep, that's the furnace exhaust. They just ran it through the old hole in the wall that the previous 80% furnace was vented.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/f...9/100_3140.jpg

Is the pipe in this photo for the furnace exhaust?

Sometimes installers use electrical tape outside when zip ties would be better. You could always get some black zip ties at a hardware store down the road if the electrical tape goes bad.

All things considered, I think it looks pretty good for the most part... There's a difference between looks and performance, as well as code.

Zip ties do not last nearly as long as good electrical tape.
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

violates electrical code and will not pass inspection around here.

did they get permits??
    Well, they were supposed to! But I haven't actually seen any paperwork. Permits were discussed and they said they would be gotten.

Quote Originally Posted by smittyii View Post
    some times great customer service means blowing off the code. i wouldn't want to be the one to tell the h.o. he wasted half a day making up a pretty pad cause he put it in the wrong place. i'd fire any hand that did tell him. nice install, excellent equipment.
    You can leave the a/c where its at and hard pipe the disconnect from behind the unit.

Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    What size furnace and A/C?

Is there a return drop on both sides of the furnace?
    The furnace is a 90% 80,000 btu.
    Heat pump is 3 ton.

That's correct, returns on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by key1cc View Post
    Ducts look nice and large.

Was a static Pressure measurment done?

Key1
    I don't know. If so, I wasn't made aware of it. Sometime next week they are supposed to come back out and see how things are going. I will ask them if the measurement was taken and if so what it was.

indoor air for combustion...

whats going to keep the drain pipe from freezing in the winter??????

never ever use copper for the drain on a 90% furnace, the condensate will eat it up...

there was plenty of room to get that other filter case in there if they had used beenthere's design for the return box.....
    Most of the condensate drain line in the house in 1/2" clear plastic that comes from the drain pump. They put copper where it goes in and out of the basement wall. He said the copper will keep it from crimping where it bends to go into the wall.

As for it freezing, I have no idea. How is this issue normally dealt with?

Quote Originally Posted by smittyii View Post
    You'd rather look like you don't know what your doing when it fails inspection.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast