Is this a larger system than what I need???

I have attached the Building analysis and price quote ***all prices have been taped over to comply with Rule #3.*** I'm not sure how to read this but under the heating it has total Btuh as 55658 but the furnace is an 80,000 BTU unit. Is this too large of a unit for what I need??? If there is any other information you need to provide me with an answer please ask!!!

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me!

You'd be right on the button if they went with a 60K furnace, seems oversized to use the 80K. The 3 ton doesn't bother me as much since many A-S/Trane units are light on their capacity. I just tend to prefer keeping the furnace close to the loss for less cycling. They used -11 for design temp, how often do you get that cold? We a hair north of you and it's pretty rare. For the once in many years it gets that cold, I'd rather put on a sweater than have the bigger furnace! Just one opinion.

Ask them for a price on a 60,000 BTU 95%, that will cover your heat loss on the design temp they used.
    Or, get some more insulation in your floors.
    Then a 60,000 90% will be plenty.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I was thinking that was a little too big. Its the only place ive had do an estimate so far too. I have 2 other places I'm going to check out. I'll price the 60,000 unit with them too.

It does get -11 here but it is very rare. We have a fireplace too so if it does get cold on a rare occasion I'll fire it up.

been has great advice as usual. According to the calcs, you biggest heat loss is the floor. Insulate the sucker (what is it, over a crawl?) and get the smaller furnace. I'd bet the insulation would be paid for in a winter!

I'm not sure If there is any insulation in the floor. It has a basement (not finished) I'll check into the insulation!! I have no idea how to read that analysis. Can someone try and explain what it all means?

Not the whole thing.

But look at your heatloss calc.
    Look at the ceiling loss, and floor loss.
    Your lossing more then twice as much to your basement, as you are to your attic.

So if you insulate your floor joist, you should be able to cut that in half atleast.
    Knocking your total down by over 7,000 BTUs.

Currently, 27% of your heat loss is from your floor.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I'll have to check into that then, I didn't know what all those numbers meant but it makes sense now.