Thread: Need Help...Outside unit will not shut off

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by indianajones View Post
    dw dude you spelled diaper wrong
    Fixed it. Thanks.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    Fixed it. Thanks.
    Use spell check next time.............don't you know not using spell check is a vbiolation of site riles!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyBob View Post
    Use spell check next time.............don't you know not using spell check is a vbiolation of site riles!
    One of the few times I didn't use it, and we all see the end result. I really should have, seeing as I was being a wise a$$.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by indianajones View Post
    dude ,sorry i was goining back thru the pages trying to find it ,but we were having a goood time with it.well hung never came back for his answer.
    Was there really an answer hidden in there?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnel_rat View Post
    Oh, poor you. Don't take yourself so seriously, and get a thicker skin.......dude.

Hey, I called it in post 54..........just can't get no respect...
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Post Likes
    Dang it I miss all the fun

1 if the OP has all of the certs and Hands on training he says he has he should have been able to figure this out after a full day at it

2 if he got all of the certs and hands on training he says he did inc moving HVAC equipment from one building to another and cannot figure this out after a full day then he should be smart enough ( he says he got a 3.5 or a 4.0 ) to reach the conclusion that he did not get his moneys worth and needs to demand a refund from the school.

3 it looks like to me he did not get proper training on reading wiring diagrams or he would have figured out the problem

So OP did you figure it out or did you apply for pro membership

BTW the guys actually hinted at the cause and if you had an OZ of training you would have picked up on it

Oh and yeah - even though I've never worked on a trailer unit I do know what is the problem and what to check - it would take me 10 to 15 mins - like most pros here
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Post Likes

ok

Please read the rules, specific technical help is not allowed in these forums!
    Last edited by HeyBob; 07-11-2008 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Whoa......wow! Read the rules! Waaaaay to much DIY guy!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tribalfreak06 View Post
    that is why I came on here...I just recently graduated HVAC school and I am all certified...but still can't figure this one out...never ran across this kind of problem
    Call your teacher out there to give hands on training

Post Likes
    I remember one particular mobile home system belonging to an eldelry lady with MS I used to work on years ago. It had one furnace, one condensing unit, and two thermostats; one for heating, one for cooling. There was a switch on the furnace for changeover between heating and cooling. The wiring diagram was for the heating side only; the cooling components and equipment were an afterthought.

I used to dread every time this elderly lady would call me for service. The condensing unit was located UNDER the trailer. I could not convince her to let me move it so the poor thing could breath cooler air. The rat's nest of wiring for the cobbled together cooling add-on was a challenge at best. But...what choice did I have but to work through it and figure it out? That was my only choice. Tracing out the wiring and control components, writing it down, thinking through sequence of events. After awhile the light would come on and whatever the ailment du jour was I'd find it.

Finally, one day the condenser under the trailer kicked the bucket. It was a strange looking thing; completely round with top discharge, but squatty as hell. I yanked it and set her a new condenser outside where it belonged, and then gutted all the old mickey-mouse controls to make it more like a standard heating/cooling setup with ONE thermostat. She was pleased as punch when her trailor cooled like never before, and she had to mess with only one thermostat with NO changeover switches!

For the OP...put your schooling to work and don't quit until you figure it out. We're kind of hamstrung to help you via the public forum rules, but you got 17 posts, so go pro member...it's FREE. In the meantime, get out a piece of paper and trace out EVERYTHING in that unit that has to do with electrical controls and components. I mean EVERYTHING. It's your unit and your time...and your continuing, never-ending education in this vast trade that's on the line.

Post Likes
    Well did the OP get the dog on thing fixed or is he still poking his chest out and argueing with the unit about him being "all certified"

Post Likes
    Wow, for those that don't know the solution I've posted it in the Pro's forum.
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

Post Likes
    Can newbies who whine as bad as tribal does really make it in HVAC?
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Good question! Seems like all these young kids want everything handed to them.......I take that back, demand to have everything handed them.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    if we continue to be their enablers, eventually they will fail...........tough love only guys!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by aintitfun View Post
    Well you dont pay money to become a professional member. I am surprised to hear you graduated, this is a very simple problem you have and you cannot figure it out. I am going to call you out on it, THIS IS A DIYer IN DISGUISE.

LETS GET HIM!!!!!!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyBob View Post
    Good question! Seems like all these young kids want everything handed to them.......I take that back, demand to have everything handed them.
    Not all Dude.I am 25 and have been in hvac since I was 20 and expect nothing from anyone but learn what I can from from anyone.He needs to learn to be humble and accept advise if he wants to make it.

Post Likes
    Amazing how I don't post for 2 days, and you guys are still all over the board talking crap.....and you want to say I whine...LMAO...alright

Post Likes
    Did you get it fixed.

Post Likes
    Well since no one is allowed to just give me a straight answer...I don't see why I should have to answer any of you.

Post Likes
    LOL
    You don't have to.

If, you had bothered to read all the post, and answer the questions that were asked. You would have discovered that some of us were trying to lead you to the right answer.

Yep, over the years, I have been given the answers to questions. Many times when that same type of problem showed up on another unit. I couldn't remember what the answer was. Why, because I didn't have to think for myself on the previous one.

Just being given the answer, will not help you learn.

But. In the pro tech forum. Answer to questions such as this are given. We're not allowed to give them in the open public forum.

Plus cert boosting doesn't doesn't encourage straight answers.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in