Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Need Help...Outside unit will not shut off

Post Likes
    If you truly went to school for this, take my advice. 1st call the "school" in question, and tell them you want your money back, 2nd take that money and pay someone who knows what they are doing to fix your ac.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by aintitfun View Post
    Well you dont pay money to become a professional member. I am surprised to hear you graduated, this is a very simple problem you have and you cannot figure it out. I am going to call you out on it, THIS IS A DIYer IN DISGUISE.
    Yup....you busted me....DIYer in disguise. This is amazing that I can ask for a lil bit of help...like you have never had to ask anyone for help....and you want to be such a _ _ _ _ about it...but thats cool....cause I know for a fact...I ain't just a DIYer.....especially not with a CERTIFICATE OF COMPETENCY for passing Residential A/C, Air Distribution, Heat Pump, Gas Furnaces, Oil Furnaces....and a CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION as a Universal Type Technician as required by 40 CFR 8.2 Subpart F.....But yeah your right...I am just a DIYer, with all my certificates.

Post Likes
    Take it easy on the guy.Like most he didn't read the rules.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Bugs wouldn't cause the indoor unit to operate or wouldn't allow the outdoor unit to shut down by turning off the furnace power. It has to be in the control system.
    I know that, just trying to add a little levity to the conversation.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tribalfreak06 View Post
    Yup....you busted me....DIYer in disguise. This is amazing that I can ask for a lil bit of help...like you have never had to ask anyone for help....and you want to be such a _ _ _ _ about it...but thats cool....cause I know for a fact...I ain't just a DIYer.....especially not with a CERTIFICATE OF COMPETENCY for passing Residential A/C, Air Distribution, Heat Pump, Gas Furnaces, Oil Furnaces....and a CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION as a Universal Type Technician as required by 40 CFR 8.2 Subpart F.....But yeah your right...I am just a DIYer, with all my certificates.
    Dude don't get so upset if you can't take guys on the net you will never make it as a tech.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tribalfreak06 View Post
    actually I was taught troubleshooting....but we never went across anything as to why the outside unit would still run on its own with no t-stat hooked up....and I have been trying to troubleshoot all day long...still can't figure it out.
    What "school" did you attend?

Post Likes
    Trouble shooting involves looking at the whole picture.
    Apparently, you have been using tunnel vision all day.

Trouble shooting is knowing and learnind to to follow the sequence of operation.
    You have not followed it. Or, you would have found the trouble is at the furnace.

Look for the wiring daigram for the furnace.

Or, call your instructor and he might be able to help you.

Post Likes
    with all them smarts you got in school you should be able to whip out yor feildpeice and find the problem very qwickly

Post Likes
    Well, all those "certificates" are useful for now, is fanning yourself while you sit in a hot house.

Post Likes
    I know, it just pisses me off when you get on here and ask a simple question...and you can never get to the point...someone always has to be such a smartass, and get way off the subject....like they were just a professional from the first day they graduated there schooling...like they never had to ask anyone a question...I guarantee, I can go through this thread and find at least one time that all these guys have had to ask some sort of question...and do you see them getting treated like a kid....I feel sorry for there kids....cause they are expected to be perfect and "know it all" like them from the day they were born... and actually I don't need to fan anything....if you ever read what I said...I said the unit will not turn off...so I keep it cool enough in here for an hour or so and then turn it off for an hour...actually stays cool in here...so you know where you can stick your comments

Post Likes
    EPA cert is meaningless.
    Its like a drivers license, you need it, but it don't mean you are good at driving.

Be pround of at the certs you have.
    But remember, the equipment you work on can't read. So you can show the certs all you want. That won't make the unit work.

Read the wiring diagram.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    with all them smarts you got in school you should be able to whip out yor feildpeice and find the problem very qwickly
    and if you are so smart there buddy you would see that you spelled fieldpiece wrong....not just once..but twice

Post Likes
    You don't get it.Everyone here has to follow rules.Can not tell anyone anything that might get someone hurt.Become a pro and they can answer any and all ?'s you might have.It takes a bit so hurry.

Post Likes
    Your problem is just so simple that it is hard to believe you ever attended school. It is something you should have been able to diagnose after only a short time in school. Stop being so proud of all your certificates, and gain some knowledge. This site is not everyones online diagnostic center, most who ask the type of question you did, are DIYers, which this site does not allow. If you are actually in this field, you should appreciate that!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    EPA cert is meaningless.
    Its like a drivers license, you need it, but it don't mean you are good at driving.

Be pround of at the certs you have.
    But remember, the equipment you work on can't read. So you can show the certs all you want. That won't make the unit work.

Read the wiring diagram.
    Besides if you can read beenthere is trying to teach you something.

Post Likes
    RDP....I want to thank you for actually talking to me like a human being. I understand you can't just give info out...I get that...but that doesn't mean everyone has to be the way they are...like I said...they know it all and never had to ask anyone a single question...they are just that good.

Post Likes
    this is not a spelling bee

Post Likes
    Follow the sequence.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    this is not a spelling bee
    well then don't make fun of my 3.5 GPA out of 4 when you can't even spell....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RDP View Post
    Besides if you can read beenthere is trying to teach you something.
    Dude...I am not as dumb as you think I am...don't you think I have already looked at a wiring diagram...All that tells you is where the wires run to....obviously they are all running to the right place if this unit worked fine all last year and didn't start this until a new t-stat was put on....

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in