Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Need Help...Outside unit will not shut off

Post Likes
    It is a matter of what is working and what is not.What is stuck open when it should be closed or stuck closed that should be open.Ask yourself how is it suppoose to work.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tribalfreak06 View Post
    Dude...I am not as dumb as you think I am...don't you think I have already looked at a wiring diagram...All that tells you is where the wires run to....obviously they are all running to the right place if this unit worked fine all last year and didn't start this until a new t-stat was put on....

No one is thinking you are dumb. Just uneducated in the HVAC field.

Post Likes
    Didn't start this until a new stat was put on.
    Or is this why the new stat was put on.

Wiring diagrams tell you more then where the wires go. They tell you what the device is that the wires go to.

Post Likes
    Tribaldude, you are gonna make alot of friends here if you stick around...

Mr. 3.5, they've all but told you the problem. What are you gonna do when the HO is over your shoulder asking you, "what's wrong"?
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by billva View Post
    No one is thinking you are dumb. Just uneducated in the HVAC field.
    Don't know how 3.5 out of 4 GPA and graduating with an overall average of 94% is uneducated....those tests didn't just fill themselves out.

Post Likes
    Don't know how 3.5 out of 4 GPA and graduating with an overall average of 94% is uneducated....those tests didn't just fill themselves out.
    IN THE FIELD.That is what he is saying.If you were you would listen and fix it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnel_rat View Post
    Tribaldude, you are gonna make alot of friends here if you stick around...

Mr. 3.5, they've all but told you the problem. What are you gonna do when the HO is over your shoulder asking you, "what's wrong"?
    Like I said, everyone started somewhere...I am sure you didn't know every single thing you ran across as soon as you got out of school....and it isn't my fault everyone just started going after me in a negative way...you are like females...can dish out all kinds of negative crap...but can't take it when it comes back at ya

Post Likes
    Like I said, everyone started somewhere...I am sure you didn't know every single thing you ran across as soon as you got out of school....and it isn't my fault everyone just started going after me in a negative way...you are like females...can dish out all kinds of negative crap...but can't take it when it comes back at ya
    Careful what you say.

Post Likes
    Since you been working on this all day. It doesn't sound like a service call for a company.
    Your own unit, a relatives, or a friends.

Not often you get a whole day to figure out the problem for one unit.

I have pointed to where to look. You are more interested in defending your certs then fixing the unit.

If you read the wiring diagram like you say you have. Then what turns the condenser on?

Post Likes
    sorry, I am just tired of the way techs treat other techs.....I don't get it...every one of you think you are better than the next...and you all sit on here all day waiting for someone like me to come on and ask a simple question so you can have something to do for the day and try to put that guy down...sorry but I don't work that way...if you need help..I don't care how dumb the question is...I know we are all human..and there is no reason to be a dick about ****

Post Likes

Perfect example of a test smart person, you need to get out and get more hands on Brother, they have schools that do offer more hands on, check around for one it will be something that you will use more, trust me.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble" ~ Mr. Bill

"Remember "Pro" is only a name, it's not always a mindset determined to do everything correctly" ~ Mr. Bill

Post Likes
    sorry, I am just tired of the way techs
    If your really sorry.

Then answer the questions you were asked.

Why was the stat changed.

What turns on the condenser.

Post Likes
    Change your attitude or you will never make it.Don't get mad take a step back and look at it again.FOLLOW THE SEQUENCE.You come off like you know it all and noone will help you you.By the way you have 15.APPLY.

Post Likes
    Oh, poor you. Don't take yourself so seriously, and get a thicker skin.......dude.
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Post Likes
    actually out of the 6 hour days at school....4-5 hours of the day were hands on...as a matter of fact...they moved the school in the middle of my school year and our class had to install all of the Heating and Air in the building that was just built..

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RDP View Post
    Change your attitude or you will never make it.Don't get mad take a step back and look at it again.FOLLOW THE SEQUENCE.You come off like you know it all and noone will help you you.By the way you have 15.APPLY.
    I would if I could
    and if I came off as a know it all, I would be acting exactly like you guys..."I never ask questions, cause I know it all" Get real dude

Post Likes
    What brings the cond. unit on?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    If your really sorry.

Then answer the questions you were asked.

Why was the stat changed.

What turns on the condenser.
    ARE YOU GOING TO ANSWER HIS QUESTION??????????????????????????????

Post Likes
    We will see how far you go then.Good luck
    FYI a know it all also does not listen so you get real and call a real tech before you have a heart attach.

Post Likes
    Do to a recent warning. No, I won't give the straight answer.

But, I will ask questions, that may help him think it through.

He just has to get his head on straight, and pay attention.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in