Seeking opinions on install issue. (kinda long)

I have an issue with my install and wanted some opinions on the best way to handle it. As I mentioned in a previous thread, the company I used was going to run new ducts to 2 bedrooms that have always lagged behind the rest of the house temp wise. I was not happy with how they were going to run the new ducts, so instead I just had them increase the size of the supplies from 6” to 8” for those 2 bedrooms. I am going to monitor those 2 rooms to see how they compare with the rest of the house. ASSUMING the bedrooms are within 1 or 2 degrees of the rest of the house, I would be willing to let the issue of not installing the new ductwork slide. I realize that it was “my decision” to not install the new ducts, but that was because I thought how he was going to do it was a waste of time. (See earlier threads for a more detailed explanation.)

My question is, since they didn’t run the new ducts per the contract, should I be entitled to any type of reduction in price for the install? And if so, what would be an appropriate amount? This install/ductwork is in the garage. Very accessible.

Something else to factor in is they delivered and installed the wrong heat pump. I purchased the XR13 and they installed the XR14. If I try to push for some kind of refund for not installing the new ducts, they are likely to say, “well, you got an XR14 instead of the XR13, so consider yourself lucky.” Would you guys agree with that? Since I got the accidental upgrade, should I just consider it a wash and let it go? I don't know the price difference between a xr13 and xr14.

Now, if the 2 bedrooms continue to lag behind the other rooms in the house, I will have them back out here doing WHATEVER is necessary to fix the airflow to those rooms.

Sorry my posts always seem so long….

Quote Originally Posted by acobra289 View Post
    If I try to push for some kind of refund for not installing the new ducts, they are likely to say, “well, you got an XR14 instead of the XR13, so consider yourself lucky.” Would you guys agree with that?
    I would be interested in the what the actual SEER, EER, etc is with the matching coil when you look it up on the website.

http://www.ahridirectory.org/ahridir...ctoryMain.aspx

Depending on how it is installed, it might be a 12 SEER system.

-HF

Quote Originally Posted by hangfirew8 View Post
    I would be interested in the what the actual SEER, EER, etc is with the matching coil when you look it up on the website.

http://www.ahridirectory.org/ahridir...ctoryMain.aspx

Depending on how it is installed, it might be a 12 SEER system.

-HF
    The seer and hspf stayed the same. The err went up slightly from 11.8 to 12. It picked up some BTUs in heating but lost a little in cooling.

Here are the ari reference#s for both.
    1382608 xr14
    1231123 xr13

They upsized the runs per your request not to do it the way they proposed.

You shouldn't complain if it doesn't work out.

I know nothin about price reductions.

increasing the size of the duct runs still entails new ductwork.
    I think it would be a wash.
    The cure of the part should not be attempted without the cure of the whole. ~Plato