infinity Thermostat Advanced Settings--FAN

infinity Thermostat Advanced Settings--FAN

I just got a new Carrier System and I have a question not covered in the manual about the Infinity Thermostat --Advanced Settings--FAN.

Where you set the humidity on the Advanced settings, where the high and low humidity limits are selected. When you select the fan for example auto or low.
    Does selecting one or the other dictate that dehumidification will only take place when the fan setting on the front matches the setting selected under the humidity settings? In other words, if the menu setting is AUTO and fan is selected(on the front screen) will dehumidification take place or do both settings have to match for dehumidification to occur?

Thank you for all replies.

Quote Originally Posted by bobv View Post
    I just got a new Carrier System and I have a question not covered in the manual about the Infinity Thermostat --Advanced Settings--FAN.

Where you set the humidity on the Advanced settings, where the high and low humidity limits are selected. When you select the fan for example auto or low.
    Does selecting one or the other dictate that dehumidification will only take place when the fan setting on the front matches the setting selected under the humidity settings? In other words, if the menu setting is AUTO and fan is selected(on the front screen) will dehumidification take place or do both settings have to match for dehumidification to occur?

Thank you for all replies.
    Hey Bobv,
    Generally in the infinity/evolution systems the dehumidification in always on. Setting the percentages in the humidity control section just adjusts the range that it would come on.Setting the fan speed does not have anything to do with the humidity control, because if there is a call for the unit to dehumidify then the unit will automatically run in a slow fan speed because it goal is not to cool the house but dehumidify it, then the unit will shut off when the call is met. Warning! The lower you set the humidity level the longer you will run your system and the larger the electrical bill will be! Hope that helps!

Thanks for the speedy reply. The page talked about other things but not fan speed. I would to try to keep humidity below 50% for allergy control--dust mites.
    bv

setting humidty limits below 50% might make room tep. little lower than you have it set at.