How accurate are the Trane 803 t-stats?

I had my new system installed yesterday (pics to follow later) and the Trane 803 is reading 42% for the humidity. According to my other digital and analog stats in the house, the humidity is around 55% give or take 3%.

I'm pretty sure 42% is not correct. Is there anything I can do to get it calibrated?

Thanks.

Is there a hole behind the thermostat where the wires come out? It should be sealed if it's larger than usual. This can affect the humidity reading.

Look forward to seeing the pictures of everything.

Is this % reading after the A/C has been running a while? If it is, I'd say your weather station may be off.

The AC has been running since late yesterday evening. Plus it has been raining off and on the past couple of days.

I have 3 digital thermostats that also show humidity.
    They read, 50%, 50%, and 54%.
    I also have an analog that reads 55%.

The Trane 803 is showing 42%. I would be very surprised if it's correct and all the others are wrong. Especially considering how humid it's been outside the past couple of days.

I have a dumb question considering you seem to have a good handle on things, but are than any local sources of humidity that may be affecting just the tstat? Like it sits right outside an unvented laundry room, bathroom, or kitchen? I don't mean to assume you hadn't thought of everything. I just know for me sometimes the obvious isn;t so obvious.

Can you place another hygrometer near your 803 tstat?

My 803 matches up pretty well with a weather station I have.

Quote Originally Posted by OOC View Post
    I have a dumb question considering you seem to have a good handle on things, but are than any local sources of humidity that may be affecting just the tstat? Like it sits right outside an unvented laundry room, bathroom, or kitchen? I don't mean to assume you hadn't thought of everything. I just know for me sometimes the obvious isn;t so obvious.

Can you place another hygrometer near your 803 tstat?

My 803 matches up pretty well with a weather station I have.
    The only thing that might affect the T-stat is the hole in the wall where the wires were ran. If anything, I would think that would make the temp and humidity a few degrees higher, not lower.

I have kept the analog hygrometer above the old and now new T-stat for quite a while. It seems to read the highest of my hygrometers. A couple hours ago I placed 2 more digital hygrometer in the same area to get an average of everything. I just checked them. Here are the readings.

Trane 803 73 degrees 39% humidity
    Digital thermometer 1 72.9 44%
    Digital thermometer 2 73.4 47%
    Analog thermometer 72 50%

Seems to me the Trane is low with it's humidity reading. I dunno tho.