Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

attic pool heater

I have been pondering installing a solar heater for my pool, but my roof is tile and dont want to screw around with it. I found a company online that sells a large water coil with a fan on it that you install in your attic. My question is, do you guys think this would work very well? They also advertise lower a/c bills because of lower attic temps achieved by this. Hear is where I get hung up, if this thing can bring the temp down in the attic that much, then it wont be taking much heat back to the pool, correct? We do have really hot attics here, but I still wonder how much heat this thing can take back to the pool, and for how long before the attic cools down to the point that the thing wont be effective. Thanks

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Interesting,can you post their website?

Post more details about it.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

You want your pool plumbing to run above your conditioned space? Sounds like it might work....hope there are no problems as that could get ugly real quick.

At least if it's on the roof and something went wrong it wouldn't find it's way to the home. And you would be missing the radiant heat.....

Quote Originally Posted by sammy37 View Post
    I have been pondering installing a solar heater for my pool, but my roof is tile and dont want to screw around with it. I found a company online that sells a large water coil with a fan on it that you install in your attic. My question is, do you guys think this would work very well? They also advertise lower a/c bills because of lower attic temps achieved by this. Hear is where I get hung up, if this thing can bring the temp down in the attic that much, then it wont be taking much heat back to the pool, correct? We do have really hot attics here, but I still wonder how much heat this thing can take back to the pool, and for how long before the attic cools down to the point that the thing wont be effective. Thanks

You are now banned for life!
    Last edited by HeyBob; 04-10-2008 at 11:31 PM.

I found one:

http://www.ecosmartinc.com/catsolar2.php

Not sure if this is the one he's/she's talking about though..

I can see it working in attics that have poor ventilation.
    For it to work right, I thonk you would need to get the optional autmatic controller.
    Contractor locator map

Let's say it's a small 10,000 gallon pool. Wouldn't it require 83,333 btu's to up the temp just one degree?....Doesn't really seem like an attic would have that much available heat...although I maybe underestimating a poor attics ability to store heat....of course this is barring a mansion with 90,000 cubic feet worth of attic space.

Yes, it would.
    Keep in mind, the more heat you remove from the attic, the quicker it will gain more.
    Contractor locator map

throw in the price and installl....hmmm worth the $$$$

You better get to know your pool chemicals or else you might come home to an indoor pool.

Seriously though water can do some serious damage if it's not maint. properly. I'm looking at a 1.5 year old pool now with green in the liner.......poor pool pumps....

Stop using cat liter.
    Contractor locator map

That might have been better than what was going on....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast