Thread: Humidifier Carrier HUMCCLFP1218

Post Likes

Humidifier Carrier HUMCCLFP1218

I have the above humidifier installed on the output side of a Carrier Heat Pump. I noticed that cold air was coming out of the grills on the case. As a result of the cold air passing over the case in a crawl space, a lot of condensation had formed on the case.

A tech came out and checked the unit and then duct taped up the grill openings and around the edges.

That seemed to be a strange way to fix the problem. I have called the installer and he is going to send out another tech to look at the problem.

In looking at the unit and the unit's diagram I do not see why cold air should be coming out the case?

Can anyone please offer suggestions as to why cold air is coming out of the grills on the humidifier's case and a possible solution? I would like to have a bit more knowledge before the tech arrives.

Thanks

Mike

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeV99 View Post
    I have the above humidifier installed on the output side of a Carrier Heat Pump. I noticed that cold air was coming out of the grills on the case. As a result of the cold air passing over the case in a crawl space, a lot of condensation had formed on the case.

A tech came out and checked the unit and then duct taped up the grill openings and around the edges.

That seemed to be a strange way to fix the problem. I have called the installer and he is going to send out another tech to look at the problem.

In looking at the unit and the unit's diagram I do not see why cold air should be coming out the case?

Can anyone please offer suggestions as to why cold air is coming out of the grills on the humidifier's case and a possible solution? I would like to have a bit more knowledge before the tech arrives.

Thanks

Mike
    Check item #1 on the installation guide. You stated the unit is in the crawl space, the air handler in the horizontal position would let the virtical flaps inside of the humidifier work as an air dam and divert the air through the vent louvers. A bypass is recomended for horizontal applications.

Post Likes
    Thank you. That is very interesting!

Mike

Post Likes

Frown Plenum Size Change -- How?

Second Opinion,

I cannot begin to thank you enough. This has been an issue since the unit was first installed and it is such a relief to finally know what is the problem.

I got the information from the installation guide and faxed it to the installer. I have not heard back from him. Obviously he did not read the guide before installing the fan powered unit.

The fan unit will need to be replaced with a bypass unit. Another concern I have is the plenum size. The fan unit plenum size is 14.813 x 14.25. The bypass unit plenum size is 9.875 x 12.75. Some form of patch will need to be done to reduce the existing hole down to fit the bypass plenum size.

How will this be done? What should I watch for and expect in the retrofit of the plenum opening? I do not want to have air leaks or other problems as a result of the retrofit.

Thank you so much for your help.

Mike

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in