Short Cycling Fixed I think

Hello All,

I got my new thermostat installed. I have noticed my night time run times go from 3-5 minutes up to 12-15 minutes when it is dark and about 78 degrees outside. I really haven't had a good chance to check daytime run times. I checked it when I got home at 4:30 and it is still running about 15-18 minutes on with about equal off. Humidity is sitting anywhere from 48-51%. What do you guys think about those times.

2 cycles an hour sounds good, but it would depend on the outside conditions. It depends on your areas design conditions. It may be correct or it could be over sized for your part of the country. If it were 100* and your design was for 90* the unit should run all the time in which case yours would be over sized. But if I'm just guessing I think your fine.

The run times sound better.

Need to know outdoor temps when comparing run times.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

As everyone here knows, the latent load of humidity can have an even more effect on runtime lengths due to the latent heatload as the E-Coil switches to the latent-load, as the sensible temp drop is being slowed to smaller increments.

Tomorrow here in SW WI the ambient is supposed to be 90-F, however, due to the Humidity the predicted Heat Index is going to be between 100 & 105-F. Of course, the wind velocity has an effect on the rate of the moist air infiltration.

Depending on how much air infiltration your home or business building has, these high Heat Index conditions will test your building's integrity & A/C energy index performance.

There are a tremendous number of variables that determine the lengths of the on & off cycling times per hour. - Darrell

Beenthere,

The outside temp has been about 92 degrees or so. I still keep the stat at 78 degrees. It has been wierd weather here because we have had some cooler days with overcast. But for the most part low 90's. The thing I noticed the most was my evening run time went from 4-8 minutes to 12-15 minutes it it's about mid to upper 70's and dark outside. I really haven't had a good chance to really check in the heat of the day. But couple of times I got were like 15-18 maybe even 20 minutes.

That is much better then what you had.

If you happy with the way its keeping your house. Then your company has meet your needs.
    Although, I don't agree with their BS sizing answer.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?