Hybrid View

Acceptable temp difference room to room?

What is the acceptable temp difference from room to room. Seems like I read somewhere that it was 3 degrees, but that seems like a lot to me. Or should all rooms on the same floor as the T-stat be exactly the same temp?

Thanks.

If you have your home within 3* or less thru out your home in all the rooms on the same floor or both floors your doing good IMO, as for me I have a 2 story Old farm house I have both the upstairs and downstairs are within less than 1* both in temp and RH. You can probably do better than 3* depending on your duct work thru out your home but you would need a Pro to take a look at your complete system to see if there's room for improvement, otherwise I would live with the 3* varience as it may not be worth the money to fix or increase ducting which may or may not be worth it to you. Are you comfortable with your temps in your home ?

Thanks Dan.

I just had my new system installed and I want to monitor 2 bedrooms that lagged behind the rest of the house with the old system. I am hoping the new system and increasing the duct size to those 2 rooms will bring them more in line with the rest of the upper level of my house. I have a split foyer.

Thanks again.

Air balance along with proper sized ducts is the key. If the ducts are incorrectly sized, you will always have a problem.