lennox AC leaking

We have a ?XC15 installed 2006 (I think that's the correct model, we've had to replace nearly every moving part of our house in 3 years here, so the names and models have become a big expensive blur!) Works great,husband would prefer meat-locker temps but grudgingly keeps the AC set @ 69...have had no problems until today, an extremely hot and humid one, when we noted leaks from the bottom of the unit and a trickling, sometimes rushing-water sound inside it.

We shut it off, the trickling-water sound did not appear to stop until he took the front panels off...wish I could say we saw something out of the ordinary, but it all looked the same, like something I'm afraid to touch. So he turned the AC back on after awhile (good lord,it was nearly 71 in here!) Now I keep running down to check for floods and am worried it will damage the unit to run it...am planning to call our AC folks in AM, but wondering if any kind souls could offer some reassurance that the humid weather/69 setting caused this and it's ok to use it until checked. (Or to tell me to shut it off and ignore the husband's complaints!)

Thanks! Jo

meat cooler..

change the filters FIRST.

I ASSUME you mean the indoor unit was leaking, "air handler' or the AC evap
    coil on the furnace.

Is there a pump that has stopped on the drain, or is it gravity?
    Usually the green gunk builds up and stops the water flow.
    You may call a pro and have them blow out the drain. There is a bunch of ways
    to do that. Some would say put ;your vacuum on the drain outside, and suck it clean.. yes that can help too.

thats all I can figure from your note..

You are running cold

It is hard on unit to run that cold because the potential of freezing everything. It should be under warranty for the parts. Not labour. As far as water drip out of drain is normal, if it is coming out from somewhere else it is not. I do not know your climate that well, advice from someone local would probably suit you better. I would,nt be running unit to long. Call service company or warranty company. Good luck
    Do it right the first time.

I'm sorry for not being clearer...it is the indoor unit in our basement, don't think there is a pump, filter was changed a few weeks ago @ maintenance check. Just looked and it is leaking again, so will shut unit off till AM and have it checked. Sounds like the low temp-setting will need to change.

Thanks to both of you for your kindness in responding!---Jo

How is running the unit at 69 degrees hard on the unit?