Another Alerton Visual Logic Question

Is there a PDF available that explains Global Programming and how to do it in Visual Logic?
    jogas

Hi jogas,
    The global ddc is exactly the same as the vlc ddc. It is programmed the same way. I believe the global ddc file has a different extension but I can't remember what it is. It's been a few years since I programmed Alerton. There is only one programming manual that I am aware of. It is the LTBT-TM-PRGRMR. I'll look around for anything else and email it to you if I find something. Are you working on a BTI or a BCM? I have the manuals for both. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
    Hi jogas,
    The global ddc is exactly the same as the vlc ddc. It is programmed the same way. I believe the global ddc file has a different extension but I can't remember what it is. It's been a few years since I programmed Alerton. There is only one programming manual that I am aware of. It is the LTBT-TM-PRGRMR. I'll look around for anything else and email it to you if I find something. Are you working on a BTI or a BCM? I have the manuals for both. Good luck.
    I think I may have both. There are 2 modules in the panel besides the PWS. One is BacTalk, the other MSTP. Does that make sense? The device manager showed 2 controllers with devices under each, I just can't remember their damn M/N's.
    Spent the day programming an AHU return temp/disch air reset after finding the global zone demand programming was never finished. Anyways, I was able to get the reset working on one VAV AHU. If it works out, I'll do the other.
    But "I gots to know" how that Global programming works.
    Thanks again for the help.
    jogas

That sounds like a BCM. The BCM has a bunch of different modules like the ETH, PWS, MS/TP, MDM ect... Alerton does not have a manual just for visual basic programming. They recommend using visio help. I checked through all of my pdf files and couldn't find one. Sorry. The global programming is pretty straight forward. For little modifications, I used to use the Global/Building DDC editor right from the Envision front end.

If you have a bunch of ahu's with global functions, they are probably using a subroutine inside the global ddc. There are 2 ddc environments with all Alerton. There is main ddc and subroutine ddc. You can share one routine with many controllers by using a subcaller in main ddc. The subcaller is like a goto statement and the end of the subroutine is like a return statement to the next line in main ddc to be executed. If the main ddc program is not done in visual logic, you will have to trace out the program in the Global/Building DDC utility on the front end. You can also write a new subroutine and map your new points to it very easily. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
    If you have a bunch of ahu's with global functions, they are probably using a subroutine inside the global ddc. There are 2 ddc environments with all Alerton. There is main ddc and subroutine ddc. You can share one routine with many controllers by using a subcaller in main ddc. The subcaller is like a goto statement and the end of the subroutine is like a return statement to the next line in main ddc to be executed. If the main ddc program is not done in visual logic, you will have to trace out the program in the Global/Building DDC utility on the front end. You can also write a new subroutine and map your new points to it very easily. Hope this helps.
    It does, thanks.
    If I remember right, the function code for the subcaller is 67. I could not find it anywhere in the main DDC. I did not try to use the Global/Building DDC utility yet.
    The good news is the customer never called today, so the RAT/DAT reset must be working....at least for now.
    Thanks again for the help.
    jogas

If you have visual logic on the main front end with the alerton system, you can actually read the global ddc (.bd3 is the file extension i believe for global) and it will spit it out in visual logic. It probably won't connect the geometric shapes together, but you will find whatever subroutines and subcallers there. It will be in sequence order.