Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air Handler ?

Are you sure you have a XL16i? The model in the quote is for a XL14i, but it does say 2 stage, so that may be a mistake. Does the installing company stand behind/warrant their work? They should come back and check everything over.

Quote Originally Posted by Airmechanical View Post
    hey D, where you at in middle tenn. i am in cookeville
    Just outside Nashville. I went to TTU, our daughter went to TTU, our oldest son went to TTU, and our youngest will be starting at TTU next month . So our whole family knows the way to "Cooke-Vegas" and back in our sleep.

I just had a new split system heat pump put in this week, if I had known someone on the board was so close (relatively) I would have asked for a quote. The trip charge probably would have killed it though .

Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by njhusky View Post
    Here is the quote...appreciate any comments/suggestions/issues you or others see
    4TTX4048 condenser matched with a 4TEE3F49 air handler is a Trane XL14i, not a 16i.

ARI# 1105928.
    14.75 SEER, 11.8 EER
    www.ARIDirectory.org

This is NOT what you were quoted.

The 16i is 4TTX6048.

Check the condenser (outside unit) and see if it is a 14i or 16i.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by gary_g View Post
    4TTX4048 condenser matched with a 4TEE3F49 air handler is a Trane XL14i, not a 16i.

ARI# 1105928.
    14.75 SEER, 11.8 EER
    www.ARIDirectory.org

This is NOT what you were quoted.

Check the condenser (outside unit) and see if it is a 14i or 16i.

Good luck.
    Thanks...I remember him telling me there was a mistake in a model number in the quote...i must have used the first quite..I'll go home and check the model numbers on the actual unit tonight....I know the unit outside says 16i clearyly

Thanks...I remember him telling me there was a mistake in a model number in the quote...i must have used the first quite..I'll go home and check the model numbers on the actual unit tonight....I know the unit outside says 16i clearyly
    OK, I feel better now (and it's not even my system )

[QUOTE=njhusky;1919859]
    Quote Originally Posted by Airmechanical View Post
    explain to your installing company about your jet sound coming out of the grills

you're funny...you mean you actually call your clients back after they pay you for a job...must be a southern thing

that's what seperates the men from the boys!

and the hacks from nonhacks!

Quote Originally Posted by dwynne View Post
    Just outside Nashville. I went to TTU, our daughter went to TTU, our oldest son went to TTU, and our youngest will be starting at TTU next month . So our whole family knows the way to "Cooke-Vegas" and back in our sleep.

I just had a new split system heat pump put in this week, if I had known someone on the board was so close (relatively) I would have asked for a quote. The trip charge probably would have killed it though .

Dennis
    make sure you send your youngest to my wife's diner, it The 13 Street Kountry Cafe

its less than a half mile from TTU ,great breakfast and homecooked lunches

Tech students get free soda's, the price is very reasonable awesome breakfast special's, its on the corner of Washington and 13 street

[QUOTE=Airmechanical;1920099]

that's what seperates the men from the boys!

and the hacks from nonhacks!

let me know when you move to nj...thanks for the suggestions....also--check out the post titled Ding dongs....they're looking for help in memphis...not sure how far you are..just an fyi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12