3 Carrier 38CKC fires in 1 community in 2yrs - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    maybe the IOM and II were left inside the unit and the terminals were not tight arcing....which caught the papers on fire inside the unit till it go so hot the ref. reached bursting pressure and blow out probably comp. terminals.

Seems to be out in the open. so I can't see anyting real close that would have been a fuel source.

In your last pic of the 2 condensing units

they look like different a/c units

In other words not of the same manufacture I don't think both of those units are bryants

I have seen the aftermath of an a/c unit catching fire, but usually it is the control compartment when the cap let loose

Anything here is a guess but after 33 years in the residential business I have never seen something catch fire and burn down a enclosure or even a house

I wonder if they were properly fused

and maybe the compressor plugs blew spewing oil that could be ignited I suppose

But I would really be pissed that my satellite went out also

they are carrier units you are correct the one unit is larger on the end units my units has both of the smaller ones.

Yep, those pics help a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by topaz7 View Post
    ITo define explosion, my neighbor was home whne the one on July 2, 2008 happened she is the one who called 911. She was sitting in her living room and heard a loud noise looked out windo to see both units (we have dual systems and the fencing around it engulfed in a huge fire ball.
    Sewer Gas?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sewer_gas

Exploding household appliances to me mean natural gas, propane, poorly stored gasoline or sewer gas.

-HF

If they all look exactly the same outside each home..... now how about a picture up close of a setup that hasn't burnt up?
    Use the biggest hammer you like, pounding a square peg into a round hole does not equal a proper fit.

What kind of wood fence was enclosing those units.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Can't mulch at least smolder, if not cause a fire? Someone else said it, could it be the disconnects burning? I really don't think it's the equipment but, who knows, we're not there. From the description, it sounds like blown terminals. Could it be these folks stepped on the wrong toes?

maybe someone threw a smoke in the mulch and the a/c was an innocent victim...........

had a Chilis reataraunt burn to the ground after this happened a couple yrs ago.

Sorry, this is small potatoes for insurance companies. They either deny the claim and blame some body else or pay it and forget it. Unless of course, the entire house does burn down.

Even then it depends on the insurance company, but many times everybody's lawyer gets rich. It usually comes down to "what's the cheapest way out".

Saw a couple get rear ended three times and the insurance company never canceled them. (State laws )

Sounded very suspicious to me.

can you take closer picture

That does not look like a ckc it looks like tkb. My eyes are not the best. But I know both units very well. Never heard of fire.
    Do it right the first time.

The units are charged with propane or someone set them on fire

The units are charged with propane

or someone set them on fire

or both.

What burned all the surrounding grass and ground? AND then did Not melt the aluminum fins off the cond tubes?
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Remember this is second one in 3 years

if this would be the first occurance I would by arson, thrown cigarette etc but this is the exact same thing that happend summer of 06 3 blocks away, that is why thee has to be something to it and remember once it happen to the unit in 06 the builder built the remaining town hoes with bigger A/C units.........................................ther e is definitely something someone is not saying.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast