Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I finally got a guy with some more clue. He wants to put a return in the one room without one, add a vent in one room, and add a vent in the hall; all while keeping a 4 ton unit. I'm waiting for his written quote later today.

I called back the first guy (5 ton, no additional vents and returns) and asked some questions. The story he wants to stick to is because his unit has a variable speed fan it can "overcome any duct problems" which is why he doesn't need to add any to do it.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Quote Originally Posted by bicknell View Post
    I finally got a guy with some more clue. He wants to put a return in the one room without one, add a vent in one room, and add a vent in the hall; all while keeping a 4 ton unit. I'm waiting for his written quote later today.

I called back the first guy (5 ton, no additional vents and returns) and asked some questions. The story he wants to stick to is because his unit has a variable speed fan it can "overcome any duct problems" which is why he doesn't need to add any to do it.
    You'll be better off with VS ,but not with that guy.

Even it it could overcome undersized ducts,it increases the operating cost and likely shortens the life of the VS motor.

Great, saw the words Ding-Dong and immediately started thinking about Chuck Berrys song My Ding-A-Ling. Now I can't get that damned song out of my head.

And I was wishing I had some hostess cream filled cupcakes.
    gotta admit I kinda liked ding dongs in the title also!

VS is used a LOT as a fix all for under sized ductwork & over sized hvac systems.
    It does undoubtalby provide more humidity control, savings and comfort.

keep shopping!
    and best of luck.
    The cure of the part should not be attempted without the cure of the whole. ~Plato

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12