Heating coil malfunction

I recently had a heating coil installed to an existing forced air system in a customer's home. The problem is when the plumber piped it in, he left the zone valve open and the controls were not yet wired. This caused the unit to call for heat continuously and simultaneously with the obvious call for a.c., as the temperatures were well into the 80's. This mistake was not realized until the condenser started making a grinding noise. With the problem corrected the condenser seems to be running fine. Has this happened to anyone before, and was there permanent damage to the condenser or the heating coil?

Quote Originally Posted by MJCIAMPA View Post
    I recently had a heating coil installed to an existing forced air system in a customer's home. The problem is when the plumber piped it in, he left the zone valve open and the controls were not yet wired. This caused the unit to call for heat continuously and simultaneously with the obvious call for a.c., as the temperatures were well into the 80's. This mistake was not realized until the condenser started making a grinding noise. With the problem corrected the condenser seems to be running fine. Has this happened to anyone before, and was there permanent damage to the condenser or the heating coil?
    Never had it happen but to be safe shoot the plumber.

So should we shoot the weather man next time he's made a mistake? I know it's not the same but no one's perfect and I know plenty of good plumbers that don't understand controls and zone valves. Go easy on them, it's a thankless job dealing with poop all day long...

I'm sure the heating coil is ok. Have them check the compressor out and then only time will tell.

Was teh heating coil installed before the cooling coil.
    What type of system is it.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

service call, A/C could not keep up, the company that installed it had already replaced the condenser, with a bigger one, someone had opened the flow check for the coil, company that installed the A/C also maintances the boiler, the boiler was maintancing temp for tankless, closed the flow check told them to call the installer